When will the sickness go away??

noodle1

Reaction score
I'm really fed up with being :puke: so much.

It was constant up to 16 weeks, now it's every few days. I hate being :puke: Just spent the last 15 minutes leaning over the loo bringing up my lunch...

Think it's here to stay :evil: :wall:

I was hoping mine would go at 12wks but at 16wks it's still here - I think I'll be sick for ever!

Frog99 said:
I was hoping mine would go at 12wks but at 16wks it's still here - I think I'll be sick for ever!

It's horrible isn't it. :hug: :hug: for you xx

You still have sickness? :( I really feel for you...it's horrible! I had it until 17/18 weeks and I spent 4 of those weeks in bed unable to eat/drink and lost nearly a stone in weight. What did you eat for lunch? I found anything that I had to really chew or that made my mouth feel dry would make me sick and I had to use mouthwash after every meal because if there were bits of food left in my mouth that would trigger it off too...

Hope you feel ok xxx

allycat said:
You still have sickness? :( I really feel for you...it's horrible! I had it until 17/18 weeks and I spent 4 of those weeks in bed unable to eat/drink and lost nearly a stone in weight. What did you eat for lunch? I found anything that I had to really chew or that made my mouth feel dry would make me sick and I had to use mouthwash after every meal because if there were bits of food left in my mouth that would trigger it off too...

Hope you feel ok xxx

It comes and goes but yeah, every two to three days since 16 weeks. I lost quite a bit of weight at the start too and now weigh the same as I did pre-pregnancy so at least I'm not putting on loads of weight!! (Could have done with losing a few pounds anyway... :D )

I had a jacket potato for lunch with hubby before he went to work, I'm usually ok with plain stuff but it didn't want to stay down today!! Just had to have some pasta and cheese sauce as I was starving!

It seems to be triggered when I'm already in the bathroom, I don't know what by. It's any bathroom too, not just at home, at work, other people's houses, quite embarrassing sometimes!

That is quite strange! Maybe your brain has associated being in a bathroom with being sick :shock:

I can't eat jacket potatoes anymore, especially if they have too much butter on because that makes me feel ill. Had to stop eating sandwiches at lunchtime 'cause the bread would make my mouth feel too dry when chewing it and trying to get it to go down my throat :?

xxx

I'm so sorry you're still being :puke: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I suppose I'm fortunate as my morning sickness has pretty much disappeared since I came into Tri2. I know women who do suffer for quite a long time (my half sister and best friend were both ill most of the pregnancy). I know it's of no comfort hearing this, but I hope you feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

I was sick every day until 20 weeks and since then have been sick every few days. The longest i had without sickness was 5 days and i thought it had gone away :( Usually i'm sick first thing in the morning so my stomach is empty and there's not much to come up. After that i can keep my food down for the rest of the day so i'm not worried that sickness will be causing any problems as i'm gaining weight at a normal rate. It is horrible though. I'm sitting at my desk at work with a cup of tea but i feel really queezy. I've already been sick this morning but don't feel better yet. So hard to work when you're feeling ill.

Best wishes to all you girls still suffering with it. I hope you all feel better soon. :hug:

I didn't eat that much at all for 4 weeks when my sickness was really bad...I could barely stomach a bowl of cereal every morning and then wouldn't eat anything for the rest of the day. Tried to drink water to stay hydrated, but that usually made me feel sick too... Was really worried that losing nearly a stone and being so weak would have an effect on baby, but she was fine and grew as she should do...still got my bump :D I guess babies take their food/energy from wherever they can even if it has to be stored fat etc. xxx

I'm not actually being sick but I feel sick all day long :( I gag a lot and wretch as if I'm going to be sick but nothing comes up now :hug:

I was sick in th egutter yesterday, i think if youre still being sick now then theres a chance it'll comtinue all th way through I'm afraid.
persoanlly i hate it when people tell me it'll soon be gone and it clearly didnt.

On the plus side it does mean fab hormones :hug:

I thought mine had disappeared at about 18/19 weeks, but it's come back over the last week or so.
It is awful to have to deal with, just hope you are coping with it ok. :hug:

i had a couple of weeks where it was really bad but that went at 13 weeks now i will be sick once a week at the most but most things make me all gippy!! :puke: Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you everyone, had a sickness free day today so far.

Lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: to everyone still feeling rough x

God NOW I'm depressed, just joined Tri 3 as I'm 13 weeks and thinking the constant nausea could be on its way out!

Obviously not!!!!

Sickness absolutely sucks!! I felt so rough up until about 20 weeks, and since then its got better, but its not totally gone, I still gag every now and then. Having an empty stomach seems to trigger it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back