when to tell people???

bubby1

Reaction score
i am thinking ahead of myself......

but....

when you do get a BFP...do you tell close family straight away or wait for the first 12 weeks to pass???

I think everyone's so so different & theres no right or wrong, all down to when you'd want to & feel ready! :) I told very close friends and immediate family straight away but thats cuz i'm reeeally impateint! hehe :lol: Also I have a very large extended family as in aunties, uncles & cousins etc etc so havent told them yet...think i will closer to the 12 weeks....and work too after my 12 week scan, just to be sure all is well :)

xx

I told most people within the first couple weeks of finding out b/c I was gaining SO much weight all of a sudden, but then regretted it for obvious reasons. I'd wait until your at least 12w, tbh - I know I will next time! :hug:

I told me close family (mum, dad, siblings etc) straight away, but waited until 12 wks to properly announce it.

I told my close friends/family and my boss at work both times and I was grateful that these people knew as I had the support from them. It's a personal choice though.

Hoep you get your bfp :hug:

i think it also depends a bit on how much you get in the way of symptoms! difficult to keep it quiet when you are constantly vomiting I'd imagine!

i don't think we'll be able to keep it quiet very long when it does happen, but will try to wait until at least 8 weeks! at least i'll have you lot I can tell to get it out of my system! :D

We live so close to family that it would be nearly impossible for them not to guess but think am planning to keep it between ourselves as long as we can until we are sure that everything is OK. As for work........the longer the better for me being surrounded by males and are abit prehistoric when it comes to babies!!! :twisted:

As someone else said - it is all personal choice!

we didnt tell any1 til after the 12wk scan with summer

i was sick everyday and saw our family all the time so it was hard but glad we waited

luckily even at 20+wks i didnt really show so i could get away with it

my mum had trouble in the past and i didnt wanna tell her then if something happened itd mean my dad & mum having to re-live it all

so after my scan i just walked in with the pics and said meet your grandchild - should have seen their faces!!! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back