Will you tell?

Hara

Reaction score
There are many people that won't tell anyone or will tell only close family that they are pg in the first 3 months. What will you do?

were keeping it quiet until i have an early scan and i know that baby is alright. not even telling parents until we know it's all ok

i have changed my mind on this so many times the first pregnancy we told everyone, sadly it ended in m/c it was so hard to get round everyone and tell them what happened even weeks after i would meet someone who would ask how many weeks i was now. after this we didnt want to tell anyone until we got to the 'safe' stage, but this was also hard as when i m/c we had to tell our families what had happened when they didnt even know i was expecting, so this time we have told just the people we would tell if it goes wrong, and they have been really good supporting us.

Oh my god ill be so excited I dont know if I couldnt tell anyone for 3 mths. I might tell my immediate family like mum/dad, best mate and close work collegues. I just couldnt keep my mouth shut!!!!

I only want OH to know and possibly my best friend Bonita. I dont want my parents to know for a while as my Mum will fuss too much. I know my OH wont be able to keep it from his family, but I really want him to. His brother may need to know as he stays at our house every week, he is schizophrenic and we care for him one night a week, and he smokes like a trooper so that would have to stop if I was pregnant. There is no way that he would be able to keep it a secret. :roll:

everyone :cheer: if things go wrong I need their support anyway

none of us ever kept a pregnancy secret in the family :D

I've told my best friend and will probably tell another close friend but that's it until we've had a scan. Believe me I do want to shout it from the rooftops but if anything goes wrong I'd want time to deal with it myself before telling close family/friends.

Everybody is different and deals with things differently.

Some friends of ours recently had their 12 week scan and discovered a missed miscarriage. I would find it so hard to face everybody after something like that.

We didn't even tell our families about our first pregnancy until we were just past 12 weeks. It was a traumatic first trimester with bleeding and spotting throughout. Thankfully a happy ending, I have a beautiful 19 month old son :D

libs said:
everyone :cheer: if things go wrong I need their support anyway

none of us ever kept a pregnancy secret in the family :D

I agree :D

I wouldnt tell family until 2 months probably, mind you if it actually happens I would love to tell my Mum, as she would share the excitement. Mind you a bfp seems like something that won't happen to me anyway :(

Not sure I will be able to keep my mouth shut :lol: but I will want to wait till 3months if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back