To tell or not to tell?

KayKav

Reaction score
Hiya,
What are your thoughts on telling people when you are pregnant?
Straight away when you find out?
After 12 weeks?
Only if they start to notice?
Does telling people online that you don't know, like people in these forums count?

Just wondering!
(I'm in 2ww at the moment!!!)

:wave:

i think once we are pregnanct we'l tell my parents, brother and sister and il tell my best friend (only person who knows we are trying) around about 6 weeks

we probably wouldnt tell anyone else until after the 12 weeks then :D

I was planning to wait until 12 weeks, but everyone started to notice as I was sick as a dog and every part of me just seemed to swell up once I hit around 8 weeks! I was only 18 at the time so my parents caught on straight away (before I did) as I lived with them at the time. Good luck with the 2ww!

everyone coz they kno we been ttc since last year and coz i wont be able to keep it to myself and 3 coz me and my family av got btes placed for when i fall pg lol

Id like to keep it a secret for a while as I dont want to jinx it. However, I know my OH wont keep it quiet, and Ill feel bad if his family know and mine dont. Ill do my best to keep it quiet for a while though. Dont think Ill tell my friends for a bit or my work colleagues though. Gotta get a BFP first anyway!

I made a mistake and told EVERYONE when i got to 6 weeks and then lost it, the next time I only told very close family, was going to tell peeps after scan but that never happened but eventually told friends anyway cause i felt really low.

With this one going to wait and see what happens

x

If it EVER happens for us.... :( Of course the first people I will tell is all you ladies on here... :D

After that I think we'll just tell our parents at about 6 - 8 weeks but not tell anyone else until 12 weeks. We'll have so hard for so long to be pg that I don't want to jinx it.

I will be telling even fewer people than last time to be honest as it was horrible having to tell people that I'd lost it. This time I think it will be you lot, my parents my mother-in-law and probably 3 friends who were really supportive last time & would notice anyway as I would stop going on about TTC!

+++

Last time I told all my family, then when I had lost it they had to explain to my young niece and I felt doubly awful about that. If I am lucky enough again I won't be telling anyone in RL.

I told my mum as soon as I knew, she knew we were TTC and was almost as obsessed with my temping chart as me! We then had a private scan at 8 weeks, at which point we told OHs parents and our siblings. I also told a couple of really close friends at 8 weeks but everyone else was after the 12 week scan.

CB23 said:
Last time I told all my family, then when I had lost it they had to explain to my young niece and I felt doubly awful about that. If I am lucky enough again I won't be telling anyone in RL.

That happened to me... I ballooned at 8 weeks and had to tell my work and somehow the whole office found out.

I was terrible going back a lot slimmer and people avoiding me as if I had the plague!

I told immediate family when I found out but didn't tell my work and other people till recently

In October we told family and close friends pretty much straight away, because Oliver was still so little. It was horrible having to tell people I'd miscarried.

In Dec, we found out just before Christmas, and we only told Mark's parents and my parents. It wasn't so hard this time as there were less people to tell.

Next time, I get an early scan and monitored at the hospital, where my mum works, and I know all the staff via my mum, so if I don't tell her, one of them will (by accident more than likely), so again we'll tell the bare minimum of people till we get a scan and we have a better idea that everything will be alright

We've told two close friends and no-one else knows, apart from you guys on the forum :lol:

We're not telling anyone else until after scans, luckily I'm not showing yet and I haven't got morning sickness yet. If I do get morning sickness I think people will start guessing :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back