When to start the xmas shopping?

Jaidy

Reaction score
Im due on 5th January so by December im going to be fairly heavily preggers....just wondering when the best time is to start the xmas shopping??

I think I ought to start it fairly soon cos I dont wanna leave it to the last minute this year, but then I dont want to go out and buy everything now and miss all the cool xmassy bits that come out a little later!

When is everyone starting to buy stuff??

I've started to buy a few stocking filler type bits, gonna plan the larger pressies for mid November though, I like to have the bulk of everything bought by December as I get claustrophobic so can't stand getting trapped in aisles by mad shoppers - TBH i buy most of my stuff on t'interweb now and have it delivered but MIL likes to drag me round the shops even though she knows it send me into a panic!

Hoping belly will give me an excuse not to go shopping on a saturday in December!

I've started Christmas shopping already!!

With Phoebe's birthday in November I wanted to spread the cost out over a few months!!

Those of you with big bumps, do it now!!! I did all mine in October last year because I didn't want to be walking around the shops with a newborn.

I'm away for 2 weeks in December, so I need to get started asap but I'm broke :(

Last year I was heavy preg thank god i done my shopping early, I would have been far too tired to get it all done almost full term, I was 7.5months pregnant, and the week before chrimbo, i had to nip into town for some minor shoppin, had to STAND for 40mins in a bus and the ques in the shops were unreal so where the que to the toliets, il never forget it LOL. Ive started xmas shopping already dont fancy the xmas rush with a buggy at all XkelX

One of the residents at work started her Xmas shopping in april :lol: she has finished and even brought her wrapping paper lol

ive started mine only a few more things to buy yay

I am currently 12 weeks (my ticker isnt working) but I am planning to do all my shopping online this year! No queing, parking, getting stressed out, carrying heavy bags etc.

Now before prices go up before Xmas.

I all ready have a few pressies and not got many more to get.

I have done most of mine online! Boots is great, is 3 for 2 on toys!

I have started but still have the 'big stuff' to get

I did it early last year as well as i didn't fancy trailing a 2 month old roun the shops

Do most of mine on t'internet as well i really can't be arsed with the shops it drives me mad even though i know my mum is gonna insist on dragging me out at least twice :roll:

Ahhhh not even thinking about christmas yet. I'll do what i usually do and run round mad 2 weeks before christamas. I vow every year i won't leave it as late but i always do.

ive finished mine just got to wrap it all now :D xxx

I'd do it now, because you are going to be so tired by december and i dont think you'll like trying to push through the christmas crowds.

Good luck! need to start mine ASAP

Ive bought loads already, i just pick up things in the sale....e.g, a while ago superdrug had 70% off all thie gifts etc so i picked up loads of bits and bobs !! i am waaaaay to organised this year ! lol not like me at all !!

hun im ue jan the 1st so ive started and nearly finished decided to do a load from catalogues and internet this year an will be getting the rest in ribs and drabs over the next few weeks i love xmas shopping :cheer: :cheer: will get my cards closer to the time thoxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Definately think its time to start shopping from what you ladies have said.

I love xmas shopping, I think il do the majority of it online but nothing beats the festive feeling of going into a shop and looking round all the xmassy bits and pieces, gets me all excited!!

Over the next few weeks or so I think il start looking through the websites for inspiration...its what to BUY people in the first place that is tough, getting ideas is sometimes like drawing blood from a stone!

I've started shopping, done quite a lot this week. Done most of it online as usual! Find some really good bits online. I just got a spaceform glass token with stars and I love my daddy written on it on ebay for a right bargain :D It's well cute! Play.com saves me every year when it comes to my hubby :lol:

My mum ordered Joshs presents for me so I've got them already, just a few little bits to get him. As for everyone else...pffft, they can wait ha ha! Im really bad at buying presents, I never know what to get :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back