when to buy nursing bra

jills10uk

Reaction score
hi mums
when did you buy your nursing bra? i don't know whether to get before bubs is born or whether to leave it until my milk has come in - can you tell me when you got yours?

I'm not a Mum (yet) but I bought mine last weekend. They're not proper nursing bras, just flimsy, 'easy to pop boob out' ones :lol: xxx

I would wait until as late as possible tbh hun, your boobs will grow loads in the last couple of weeks as they get ready to feed. If you feel comfortable leaving it till 38/39 weeks or even post birth, then do so, but personally I got mine at 37 weeks with my first baby and just got a cup bigger than they measured me at and it worked out just fine. Im hoping they will still fit me for this one so Im not buying any, but obviously if Im coming up bigger after the birth then I will have to get some new ones :roll:

Leave it as late as possible. They'll grow lots in the home stretch and again after baby is here as your milk comes in.

Mine grew overnight once my milk kicked in and the nursing bras I had fitted into were no good.

I'd buy one to tide you over then get more once your milk comes in.

i think i bought mine during early third tri, i got a lovely silky comfy stretchy one from figleaves. i got a 34DD i think at the time i bought it i was still a 34D so allowed room for growth- however when milk came in went up to 32E so didnt allow quite enough growth- luckily the bra was really nice comfy stretchy material and just about still fitted. (ah those were the days when i had a real bra size! now i dont even wear a bra im an ironing board with 2 tictacs on it! hehe)

I was advised to wait til about 3 weeks before my due date... then my Lo decided to put in an early appearance (6 weeks early) so I was unprepared and didn't have any. Doh! :wall: :doh:

I bought a couple of weeks after LO was born.

I bought a couple of strap tops before. They're from Mothercare and had the secret support with the drop down catch. That did me til my body had sorted itself out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back