When out of moses basket???

Valley Girl

Reaction score
OOHH!!! I got so narked off today.

I started nannying when I was 19.. supposed to be a year out but needed the cash so stuck at it. Looked after lots of babies, I come from a large family and I have two kids of my own.. 4 and 6.

We went to John Lewis to look at Moses Baskets today, and I asked an assistant to come and help me because I wanted her to give me some help with their full range. (Is it just me or do not many of the staff in that place know anything about baby products??!) I said I was looking for a moses basket which was one of the longest sizes because both of my sons had to start sleeping in their cot when I decided that their neck was bending too much to fit them into their moses basket!! An exaggeration, but they were just getting too long for it, even though they loved it and were happy sleeping in it. This was at about 5/6 months. So I had to put them into their own room which I didn't want to do until I really had to.

The assistant told me that my needs were silly because babies of about three months start pulling themselves out of their moses baskets. Excuse me???? I couldn't believe it.

Now I am not doubting that some people have athletic superstar babies, who can do certain things by an early stage... but three months????

Please tell me I am not going crazy... my babies were normal 7lb range and they loved their moses basket. I guess it could be my hormones... but this woman really ?!$$£@ me off!!!

Hi

That dont sound right she obviously has no idea what she is talking about.
Kiara was out of hers at a few months old but that was because she used to sleep spread out and every time her arms hit the side she would wake up.
Ide get a second opinion hun
Katrina

We took Lydia out of hers at 4 months because she completely filled it up, but no way would she have been able to pull herself out of it at that age though.

:rotfl: That's so funny! If she does have babies, they must all be in the circus :rotfl: Well done you for not telling her how stupid she is :cheer:

Wierd i would think rolling may be the only problem as they get older, i cant imagine a 3 month old pulling themself up

Was she about 16 and obviously wouldnt have a clue so blagged it on the spot! Sounds like the staff in our one!!!

What an total cow!

My LO was out vofhis by about 2 months but cos he was just getting ot heavy for it.

What you do is up to you and in future tell people like that to SOD off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back