When is nappy rash thrush?

Rosebay

Reaction score
Hi,

Mel seems to have got quite nasty nappy rash all of a sudden- the kind where there are little spots- some of which seem open and raw- just a few but it looks nasty and doesn't seem to be responding to air time or metanium. When is it thrush and if it is can you get stuff for toddlers over the counter or should I go to the Dr? I have cut out acidy food for the last 48 hours too and changed to disposables.

Thanks!
+++

im not sure, but if you go to your gp shouldn't you get it for free :wink:

:hug:

sounds like it's thrush.... even your HV can give you a prescription for cream.

S. xx

im glad theres a post about this, finley has had a rash which i thought was nappy rash for a few days, and sudocrem hasnt made any difference at all, so ive checked on internet and ive been putting canesten on his bum to see if it is a touch of thrush ( he had oral thrush about 2wks ago) and not sure if its followed through

they look more like blisters than a proper rash though, and are open wounds, yet he doesnt scream when you clean his bum

Sassyminx said:
im glad theres a post about this, finley has had a rash which i thought was nappy rash for a few days, and sudocrem hasnt made any difference at all, so ive checked on internet and ive been putting canesten on his bum to see if it is a touch of thrush ( he had oral thrush about 2wks ago) and not sure if its followed through

they look more like blisters than a proper rash though, and are open wounds, yet he doesnt scream when you clean his bum

Canisten is what the HV would give you... give it a few days and it'll be gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back