Nappy rash

Redshoes

Reaction score
Isaac's had nappy rash about half a dozen times, which only first appeared when he first started teething. All those times it's gone the next day aftersome Metanium's been applied, but his recent attack has been with him 3days now and its making me so sad, he flinches when I clean him after a poo, and it's just so sore, but Metanium isn's shifting it. Open to ideas about what else to use/do, I stuck with Metanium as its been excellent the past times but now its failed big time and I want my baby rash free :cry:

aww hun i know its horrible seeing them in pain even when you're just trying to change them. Millie was prone to nappy rash, i took her to docs as none of the shop bought creams shifted it. they gave me a bright yellow stinky cream that worked a treat. cleared up in a matter of days xx :hug:

Poor Isaac. :(

We've always relied on Metanium as well but during bad times I've relied on a three-pronged approach. Salt in his bath (I've even sat him in a luke warm tub several times a day with toys), lots of nappy off time and the metanium just at night.

Hope it clears up soon, poor chap.

Nappy rash is awful, jeremy had it really bad when he was still in hospital and we found out a special magic formula that they use on surgical wards. it is 1 part metanium, 2 part vaseline and 1 part orabase.

Not sure if you can get orobase cream over the counter but metanium mixed with vaseline works well any way.

Redshoes said:
Isaac's had nappy rash about half a dozen times, which only first appeared when he first started teething. All those times it's gone the next day aftersome Metanium's been applied, but his recent attack has been with him 3days now and its making me so sad, he flinches when I clean him after a poo, and it's just so sore, but Metanium isn's shifting it. Open to ideas about what else to use/do, I stuck with Metanium as its been excellent the past times but now its failed big time and I want my baby rash free :cry:

I know exactly how you feel! When my LO had really bad nappy rash (it was bright red!), my GP prescribed some Timodine cream which was amazing. It contains a steroid to reduce inflammation and an anti-fungal, and it forms a protective barrier on application. Also, it needs to be stored at below 15C, so I keep it in the fridge and hence the cold temperature is very soothing when applied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back