When does it sink in?

peanut1982

Reaction score
Hi people, hope you're all well. I had a positive test last Friday, after realising we were rattling into March and that I hadn't had a period since 3rd Jan. Always been pretty irregular since coming off the pill and felt like aunty flow was coming any minute (still do, is this normal?)

Not really had any other symptoms, so finding it very hard to believe it's real. Did 2 tests last Friday, two on Saturday and just back from Tesco just now with some more as it's just not sinking in! Positive again, yeah! Wonder how much more money I'm going to spend before I believe them, lol!

Have a doctors appointment booked for tomorrow morning, will they be able to tell how far along I am there or will I have to wait for an ultrasound for that?

Also, when did you all tell people? My partner and I have each told one close friend but I don't want to tell family etc until I know it's real, guess once I know how far along I am it might help.

Sorry for rabbiting on and all the questions, just so excited, nervous and bursting with queries!

Sarah

Congratulations! :cheer:

Doctors will probably book you a dating scan mine did cause I had no idea of dates the possitive test was such a shock cause only went to doctors for a uti I kept thinking maybe it was a mistake or something right up until I had dating scan when I thought wow I'm pregnant but still didn't really sink in we are actually going to have a baby until 12 week scan when he/she actually looked like a baby and not just a blob, still all feels sureal and like it hasnt properly sunk in yet though - when it does I'll let you know :rotfl:

:wave: welcome to 1st tri.

Congrats on ur BFP! :cheer: if ur last AF was 3 jan then u'll be round about 10 wks the docs will prob just calculate it from ur last af, until ur scan which u may may get fairly quick due to not knowing dates if that makes sense.

As for telling people we hav told immediate family and just our best mates and going to keep it that way til the 12 wk scan when I know everythings hunky dorey.

Anyway goodluck hope you have a H&H 9 mths.

P.s Stop testing u've got ur BFP!! :lol:

Aw, thanks for your lovely replies! Feels very surreal, called the surgery on Monday to make an appointment and when I told the receptionist what it was for it felt like her congratulations were for someone else!

I will TRY and stop testing now - should be saving all this test money for nappies eh! Started with Asda ones, then got some Boots ones, this morning I couldn't help but see if Tesco agreed too! I'll try and believe them now!

I feel terrible not telling my mum yet, my OH and I agreed we want to wait until my dad is home and tell them both together so he doesn't feel left out. He works offshore and not back til next weekend, time going v slowly at the mo! Think mum may be suspicious, she was looking at me funny the other day asking if I'd lost weight, and asked how my tum was at the moment!! Have had endless trouble with my tum in the past (suspected endometriosis) ending up in hospital several times after passing out with cramps.

Hopefully they'll be as excited as us!

S

:dance: :dance: :cheer:

congratulations on your BFP.

I don't know about the others but since I got my first BFP I've done getting on for 20 tests now because I couldn't believe it. I had a bit of spotting last week so had to have an early scan so I know there's definatley a baby there but I STILL don't quite believe it.

I had a friend who said that even though she knew she was pregnant she couldn't quite believe that she was actually going to have a baby until the first time she was feeding her daughter.

We've told immediate family and close firends and I've told a few people I'm close to at work but we're waiting until we know everything is ok after my 12 week scan before we shout it from the roof tops

:hug:

Congrats :wave:

Got mine on Sunday.... hasn't sunk in yet, don't feel the slightest bit prego...... yet :lol:

Congrats! I don't think it'll sink in until we all see our LO's during a scan!

I'm still getting period type cramps and have done for a few weeks, I think they are quite normal.

Hope you have a happy & healthy pregnancy :hug:

for me, it was real when i saw alice for the first time. then when you start to feel them move it sinks in even more!!!

Congratulations on your BFP!! :cheer: I don't think it sinks in until the scan. It's so amazing to see the heartbeat :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back