• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When do you feel the baby move from outside?

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
I was laid on the sofa earlier and regular as clockwork I start to feel baby move at about 10.30.
I put my hand on my tummy and as I felt it move inside I felt it move outside too. I asked my OH to out his hand on my tummy where I felt the baby and without telling him what he was looking for he said a few mins later, whats that faint rolling sensation?
Which was the exact time the LO was moving.

Is it too early to faintly feel baby from outside?

I felt my first movements at 17 weeks, OH could feel it about 10 days later so I'd say that's what it was. It's a fab feeling isn't it! I had a bath earlier & bubs was kicking & making ripples in the water!

It's not too early at all.

I didn't feel anything until 24 weeks though. It varies from person to person!!

i felt movements from the outside around 19 weeks

No, not too early, my OH could feel around the same time too :D :hug:

awwww its lovely when others can feel your baby moving makes it more real somehow xxxxxxxx

Poo to you all! Swear to god my little girl must be active in my sleep as I hardly ever feel her move on the inside let alone feel anything on the outside!!! :shakehead:

Last time DH could feel it around 18 weeks. Hope it's that early this time

thanks for your replies girls, my OH was so happy last night that he could finally feel LO moving. Now he's all excited about the scan next week (I am too but nervous)

:cheer:

Vicky_Gazerimmer said:
thanks for your replies girls, my OH was so happy last night that he could finally feel LO moving. Now he's all excited about the scan next week (I am too but nervous)

:cheer:

natural to be nervous but I'm sure all will be fine :hug: :hug:

Kat@girlracer said:
Poo to you all! Swear to god my little girl must be active in my sleep as I hardly ever feel her move on the inside let alone feel anything on the outside!!! :shakehead:

Ditto!!

Can I ask you a question Kat, you dont have to answer if its to personal but what size were you before you got preggers?

jennywren said:
Kat@girlracer said:

Ditto!!

Can I ask you a question Kat, you dont have to answer if its to personal but what size were you before you got preggers?

I was a 14-16 but i'm 5'10'' so i'm tall and still hardly look preggers :(

I was 18 weeks when Paul could feel the little man kick! How exciting for you!!

Kat@girlracer said:
jennywren said:
[quote="Kat@girlracer":2syt0ktr]Poo to you all! Swear to god my little girl must be active in my sleep as I hardly ever feel her move on the inside let alone feel anything on the outside!!! :shakehead:

Ditto!!

I was a 14-16 but i'm 5'10'' so i'm tall and still hardly look preggers :([/quote:2syt0ktr]

Yeh I was 18 and im 5'10'' and I dont really look preggers either, Im starting to thiniki I will never look preggers or feel the baby move

You might be having a girl like me then! :D

I'm going to book my anti natel appointment with my gp tomorrow for next week and hopefully they'll put my mind at rest that she's alright in there....

Kat@girlracer said:

Kat its only since around 30 weeks I felt anything from the outside, and OH has only felt it twice

I was panicking about feeling inside, and even now its still very gentle with the odd thud, I think it was around 27 weeks....

It could be position of baby, I think baby kicks towards my back alot of timexx

Ahh thanks hun! Thats made me feel sooooooooo much better! :hug:

Spose its better then kicking your bladder huh!?

oooooo so glad ive read this it has put me mind at rest, thought i had little movement a week ago, think it might have been wind :oops: i have no pregnant tum yet and my little man wont budge, my 15 month kicked me tum the other day really hard when i was changing her nappy, thats playing on my mind a bit, do you think it would have harmed baby???? corr this pregnancy thing is a very worrying time :?

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and my partner still hasn't been able to feel the baby move. I'm dying for him to feel a kick as it is such a special feeling, I don't want anyone else to touch my belly until he has felt it move. I keep on placing his hand on my belly, when to me it feels really obvious the baby is moving, but he never feels anything!

Typical, working as a postman has obviously numbed his hands!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back