When do u give milk feeds? With/before/after solid?

positivity :)

Reaction score
I seem to just give Will his milk feeds every 3-4 hours and slot solids round them but iv read a few times to give milk with the solids?! How do u do it? X

I give milk with her tea time food, eventually I plan to take the milk away and replace with juice x

hiya pos, lacie is 7 moths old so not to much older but this is roughly what i do.

B: baby cereal, porridge or weatabix with morning feed mixed in and remainder of feed fed after. (between 7 and 9am)

Snack: fruit smoothie or yogurt. (between 10:30 and 12.. depending on breki) bottle of milk

L: cheesespread sandwich, or toast, fresh/frozen fruit carrot and cheese sticks. and water

S: organix carrot stick crisps or fresh fruit and a yoghurt: water or a little sugar free juice

D: Either home made meal blended or a jar of baby food with desert or a rusk and milk during meal and after depending when she wants it

and a bedtime bottle. Lacie doesnt have much milk in the day as shes meant to have around 600ml a day so i have to make it up with dairy products. she does also have a bottle during the night because she doesnt sleep through :( hope this helped a little :)

Last edited:
Thanks linx, lovely to see u! Hope all is well Hun?

That's great, thank u so much xx

I cut Cameron down to 3 bottles yesterday. He had one for breakfast then he had some solids 3 hours later, bottle a couple of hours after that, more solids and then his bed time bottle at 7.
I'm going to try to swap its so he eats breakfast at has his bottle mid morning although I don't know if he'll co operate! But our bottle feeds and solids are separate x

Your Welcome :)

Im ok thankyou, iv still got high bp from pregnancy with lacie though so im still having tests for that to see what is making it go up as im on pregnancy medication still. but she was worth it! iv been so busy i forgot about pf for a while 2 children is so much harder than one lol but twice as rewarding too!

6 months has flown by i can remember you getting your bfp! :) hope your ok too hun :)

I give milk straight after his 3 meals, and one by itself at bed-time. Sometimes if he's really thirst i'll give a bit before solids & rest after

xxxxxxxx

I do milk after breakkie and lunch, then bottle mid afternoon, food at dinner then milk at bedtime. This is just how it worked for us around naps x

Angel is in between all of the bottle ie she'll have a bottle between 5/6am, breakfast at 8/8.30, bottle at 10/11am, lunch at 12/1pm, bottle at 2/3pm tea at 5-6pm and last bottle 6.30/7pm xx

I give the boobie an hour or so before all meals

Atm, I tend to do similar to you. Milk first then an hour later meal. He's having about 5 bottles a day x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jake gets too full up on milk if I give it with meals so he has 4 bottles spread out throughout the day and cooled boiled water with his meals in his cup x

Milk inhibits the absorption of iron so I never offered milk with a meal (obviously except breakfast as its made with milk if it's cereal!) I always gave him water and then gave milk over an hour afterwards.

I give food then a bottle always did it that way with Thomas as well.....breakie and bottle at 7 bottle at food and bottle at 11ish then just a bottle at 3 then bottle and food at 6 he still has 36 oz a day

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back