• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did your milk come in?

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
I'm just abit concerned because I haven't had any milk yet and it seem's alot of people start leaking during pregnancy, sometimes quite early on.

Th last few weeks i could squeeze fluid out. About my due date it leaked a tiny bit. But it didn't flow til after Angel was born.

I couldn't squeeze anyhting out at all in either of my pregnancies and have managed to breastfeed both my girlso successfully with no supply issues. Some people leak, somedon't - it has no bearing on your milk supply, just means luckily you don't have to wear breastpads too soon :)

Its actually more common to not have any leaking etc until baby is born :) So don't panic. Its quite normal. Not leaking during pregnancy is not a sign you won't produce milk.

I didn't have my milk come in till LO was here. During labour your body releases hormones etc that cause the milk supply to start. And then BF'ing itself keeps it going.

Same as everyone else - Not until baby arrived :D

Leaked abit from about 5months pregnant. Milk came in on day 5 I think, woke up with hugeee boobies :)

Never leaked before having baby... and then no milk until 5 days after giving birth, only colostrum for four days...

i didn't get any sort of leakage until my milk came in 4 days after birth. then boy did i get leakage :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never produced any milk at all. My boobs were only sore and heavy for the first 4 weeks of pregnancy and then again 2 days after giving birth. :( I guess you might say that I was one of the lucky ones, but I really wanted to give BF a go. :( The MW's said it was very unusual and recommened I bottle feed as I was getting nothing. x

Both pregnancies I started leaking colostrum from 15 weeks. I couldn't breastfeed my son though due to my milk supply never kicking in. I never had sore boobs or anything, just didn't happen. Still unsure what I am going to do this time as I had a really hard time with it all with Aaron but I'll see how the birth goes!

dont worry, i didnt leak milk when pregant either, my "proper milk" (not colostrum) didnt come in til 4 or 5 days after the birth. however, i had an abundant supply, i was always full/leaky and i can still squeeze a little drop even tho i stopped BFing mid- february. x

i never got milk even when jacob arrived.. i didn't want to breast feed thou and kept a tight bra on, didn't let shower water run on my chest, basically didn't touch my chest for a week! also jacob was in an incubator from birth to 6 days so that may have been a cause to.. everyone i know apart from one didn't get milk until baby arrived thou..

h x

I got about 3 drops of milk from my boobs whilst I was pregnant and then an adequate but not abundant milk supply after Kathryn was born. I wa never sure when my milk came in properly as I didn;t experience rock hard, painful engorged breasts- I just had to trust that my body was doing what it needed to do. I'm still exclusively breast feeding 3 months on and love it. Good luck xxx

I got nothing either till baby was born which i think is brilliant as I was dreading leaking everywhere :oops: Fed for 6 months after.

Mine didn't come in at all when he was born but then 8 months down the line my boobs were pouring colostrum then Milk hehe Im an odd one!

Hiya,

i started leaking around 6 months but my milk came in about 3 days after Ellie was born.

i wouldnt worry though many women dont leak at all during pregnancy and can breast feed successfully when baby arrives.

I didn't have any leakage during pregnancy. My proper milk didn't come in until 3-4 days after the birth and then all of a sudden I had massive boobs and was leaking everywhere :lol: .

i started leeking a little from 27 weeks! had to sleep with a bra on with pads from then on just to add to the discomfort of sleeping with a bump :doh: if my boobs were free when id sleep then id end up squishing them and waking up in the morning in a sticky mess!

then 4 days after my son was born woooooooosssh! they went rock hand and all i had to do was touch them or lean over and they were like taps. took about a week for it to calm down as i bottle fed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back