When did your first baby engage?

flowergirl

Reaction score
And how close to your due date did you go into labour?

I'm now 38 weeks pregnant and this little girl in my belly isn't bothering to engage just yet! She's fixed at the brim of the pelvis but that's it! I'm beginning to believe that my due date is going to be the 16th April rather than the 2nd :roll: Someone cheer me up and tell me this will not be the case...Please? :pray:

My 1st baby was engaged at 38 weeks and she was born at 39 weeks.

my first (and last!!) baby... engaged at 36 weeks

and i was 15 days late

i dont think mine engaged until i was already in labour, apparently thats unusual most first babies engage early. iv got really narrow hips so maybe thats why it wasnt comfy down there?! :think: :lol:

i gave birth on my due date. at my 39+4 MW app she was half engaged but not fully- and i called the MWs out for my home birth at 39+6 when i thought i was havin contractions (i wasnt it was effacing pains) im sure i remember her saying baby still wasnt fully engaged.

My first didn't engage fully until I was in labour, he was only ever 3/5 eng aged right up until a few hours before I had him. He was quite a big baby though, so they said that might have been why. He eventually came exactly a week late x

Thanks for the replies :D

Baby transverse this am- just to make my life more interesting! However she's moved back into cephalic position now so I'm now not so concerned about the lack of engagement- I just want her to stay that way around!

My first started to engage at 35 weeks but was only 3/5 engaged half way through labour. He was born at 38+4

I had to be indcuced & Harrison didn't engage fully untill I was in labour. There are a few people on here I think who went into labour and their babies weren't engaged so don't worry hun.

my first engaged at 36 weeks and i was induced at 9 days overdue, my second didnt engage at all and i was induced at 15 days overdue.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back