When did you start to get REALLY big??!!!

sarahk

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Family and friends think i'm actually quite small and keep warning me that over the next few weeks i'm going to 'double' in size!!! :shock:

Is this really true?? Ive got 9 weeks left and of course I expect to get bigger, but can you actually double your bump size in the last 9 weeks??!! i'm curious!!!

At the moment I can still put my socks and shoes on all by myself, but i'm living alone at the moment so when will I need to call in some help?!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I started to get big at around 30 weeks onwards - you do put on a lot in the last few weeks. The midwife keeps measuring you every visit to check the growth for you.
Some people have said that I am not very big, but that is basically because most of my weight is on the front rather than everywhere else. The MW has said that baby is growing normally, approximately bump growing a cm in length per week (from pubic bone to under boobs!)
Yep look forward to finding new ingenious ways of doing up shoes and cutting toe nails!!

I've needed help putting my pants and socks on for the last 2 weeks or so. I think I am massive now but have had a pretty big bump thru-out pregnancy.

I wouldnt worry tho hun, soon you'll be waddling with the rest of us xxxx

I got big enough for socks and shoes to be a problem from around 34 weeks I think, but I'm still small compared to some- like my sister!-although (sorry to mention you gymbabeliz) you want to see a bump that is small look for gymbabeliz's photos in tummy pics! She looks about 25 weeks pg and she's almost full term! Don't worry about the size of your bump- it will grow noticably larger in the next 4-6 weeks but it's not so bad! :hug:

My bump has always been quite small. It looks a reasonable size in my profile pic (hence why I chose it :rotfl: ), which was taken about 2 weeks ago, but since then, i'm sure I've not grown any more.

I am measuring spot on according to the midwife. So it IS growing, just don't know where?!

It really depends on what I wear as well, only last week was I in a restaurant and they asked me if I wanted a bottle of wine :wall: It starts to get a bit embarrassing to say actually i'm 37 weeks pregnant! lol

I left work for mat leave at about 33 weeks, and I still then didn't look pregnant (in my eyes anyway). So I must have grown a fair amount in the month after that.

In terms of socks and shoes, nope, still don't have a problem with that, and don't think I will either.

So in terms of doubling in size - its hard to tell, you might, or you might not. I've certainly gotten bigger, but definitely not doubled in size.

I think my small bump maybe due to my extra padding in the first place... but as I have only put on about 6 lbs, I am hoping she has eaten her way through some of it, and has just replaced the space it was taking up :rotfl:

I was small all the way through with Harrison, but did get a little bigger around 35 weeks.

I huge now! But it's all out in front, I struggle to put my socks on but can put on my own pants and trousers, I think that everyone's different. I doubt that you would actually "double" in size, prob as the other girls said you will just get bigger towards the end as baby runs out of room.
If I double in size I will need one of those mobility scooters to get around in lol!!! xx

I normally measure a week or two weeks ahead of what I am.
I haven't noticed my bump getting suddenly bigger though, it's just crept up on me without me realising.

I do struggle to bend down now. When I bend over I feel like I'm gonna puke and can't breathe properly. Putting on shoes is a pain, when OH is around I ask him to do it for me :)

I'm big for my weeks, at least people keep telling me that!
But i saw a picture of my SIL when she was preg with my nephew. The photo was taken when she was in early labour and yet actually you wouldn't really know she was pregnant! She was holding her t-shirt under her belly a little but even then i wouldn't have known she was preg! She gave birth to a healthy normal weight little boy that evening!

So i think everyone is different. You could get a lot bigger all of a sudden but you might not!

It's a waiting game! xxxx

i doubt u wiill double in size though u will get bigger.

marie x

laracomps said:
but as I have only put on about 6 lbs

:shock: :shock: I know I don't belong in here but I just had to quote you on that, I'm so jealous :shock: :shock: I've put 20lbs on already, I've really piled it on over the last month or so though. I'm going to have to watch what I'm eating from now on. My bump has only just emerged.

A mobility scooter sounds GREAT!!!!!!! I'd love an excuse to get me one of those!!!!!!!

Brum brum...!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Im still waiting :D

I cant bend though without making myself feel sick though. I do think i grown loads from about 30 weeks onwards before that i didnt look pregnant.

flowergirl said:
I got big enough for socks and shoes to be a problem from around 34 weeks I think, but I'm still small compared to some- like my sister!-although (sorry to mention you gymbabeliz) you want to see a bump that is small look for gymbabeliz's photos in tummy pics! She looks about 25 weeks pg and she's almost full term! Don't worry about the size of your bump- it will grow noticably larger in the next 4-6 weeks but it's not so bad! :hug:

no worries :wink: altho now finally i have to adjust my sock-putting-on style :lol: , but i cant imagine i will actually need help putting them on!!!

everyone is different tho, you might balloon in the last few weeks you might not!!!

Yeh u do get alot bigger in the last weeks, i did more or less double in size too but I was huuuge! Let me know if want pics :lol:

gymbabeliz said:
flowergirl said:

no worries :wink: altho now finally i have to adjust my sock-putting-on style :lol: , but i cant imagine i will actually need help putting them on!!!

everyone is different tho, you might balloon in the last few weeks you might not!!!

liz your bump has got REALLY big in the last couple of weeks though!! :cheer: (i'm just jealous bc you have no stretchers :rotfl: )

lol its only big compared to the earlier pics, i still feel like a fraud when im in the antenatal clinic and everyone else is huge lol

xJodieLoux said:
laracomps said:
but as I have only put on about 6 lbs

:shock: :shock: I know I don't belong in here but I just had to quote you on that, I'm so jealous :shock: :shock: I've put 20lbs on already, I've really piled it on over the last month or so though. I'm going to have to watch what I'm eating from now on. My bump has only just emerged.

LOL though I supposed I did cheat a bit, I lost a stone through hyperemesis. Which I have put back on, plus 6 lbs more.

I keep telling myself pregnancy is the best diet I have ever been on :rotfl: Wouldn't have said that at the time mind you!!

I woulnd count myself as big but im of small stature so i staretd to show early on and i have a noticlable bump thats grows daily and dose stick out
BUT I LOVE IT :hug: :cheer:
you do put more on at this stage as this is when the baby is placing his/hers fat stores on ready for birth.

but every women prOgresses at a difrrent rate unique to them.
im sure your bump looks gorgoues
and any extra weight will simply emphises your lovely growing baby
sarah :hug: :wave:

Hi guys

I'm twenty eight weeks pregnant with my first baby and was wondering if I'll get any bigger then what I am now. I have a little bit of a baby bump and am feeling a bit off balance when I try and do things like go for a walk or tie my shoelaces so my question is this when will I get more bigger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back