GREAT NEWS - hopefully have baby in a week!

lmarszall

Reaction score
Hi All,

I had my 38 week midwife check on Friday and she was really nice and actually listened to me for once about my dates and the size of the baby!

She has changed my date to the 9th, a week today! And i have a consultants appointment wednesday to discuss the size of the baby as the 34 and 36 week scans showed him as being 4 weeks bigger than he should be.

YAY!

She said he will discuss the dates / size and hopefully do a proper growth scan so we can see how big he is now. And i am hoping that will mean they wont let him stay in there past the 9th.

So i could meet him in a week, yay! So happy (and scared, lol!).

I'm juat glad they have listened to me for once!

Laura
39 weeks today now!
xxxx

great news..get as much rest now as you can
:hug:

wah hey good luck, bet u cant wait? Make sure you sleep loadz make the most of it! :hug:

aww congrats and not long to go now :) goodluck :)

Hi

Congrats hun i am so happy for you , i hope it all works out for you in the end :hug:
Katrina

Thanks guys!

I can't wait till wednesday but i am wondering what they will say or do? I hope they don't just leave it, i will be annoyed if they do.

Here is what i am hoping, does it sound realistic or reasonable even?:

Consultant will review notes and previous scans and see baby was measuring 40 weeks at 36 weeks.

Hopefully do another growth scan, preferebly then, but if not the day after.

If he is still really big they agree not to let him go beyond the new due date of the 9th June.

What i really don't want is for them to leave it and me have to have a c-section as he is so big. Surely it makes more sense for them to induce on due date than leave it a couple of weeks and do a c-section??

Or am i being to hopeful?

Ideally i would prefer to go into labour today, lol, naturally :)

Laura
xxxxx

Have a pineapple vindaloo with some loving for dessert honey you never know!! :D

Good Luck for wednesday! :hug:

Wow fan news for you and result that they listened at last! How amazing you could meet LO by next week too, how scary and exciting!

Best of luck to you. :hug:

great news hun :D

i hope you have LO in your arms real soon

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member