when did you get your 12 week scan appt?

frances2009

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering when you got your 12 week scan appointment?

I'm 8 weeks and have received my booking appointment for the 27th Jan but haven't heard anything about the scan yet. Just phoned the hospital and they said nothing is booked in yet.

Is this normal?

Thanks
Fran

They can take a while hun, i got my letter from the hospital 2 weeks before my scan date. x

Okay thanks - need to learn to be more patient but just want to see baby!

Will give it another couple of weeks and then phone again.

I hate this waiting game!

I think mine came about 2 weeks before too :)

it is a waiting game unfortunatly.....try and enjoy it though, u have a little life inside u :) Although i cant talk im climbin the walls waiting for the day of my 20 weeks scan haha xx

I had my booking appointment yesterday and the midwife phoned the hospital and booked the scan there and then - my scan is on 28th Jan which will me at about 13 weeks

I'll be 11 weeks by the time my booking appointment comes around so am hoping they don't leave it till then to book the scan! Although I guess if they can get one in for the next week it would be okay

my midwife booked mine by phone during my booking in appointment when i was there. I know the date but I havent had a letter or anything yet

I've got my scan on friday and thats been booked since the 27th Nov....apparently my hospital is well prepared!

I'll be 11 weeks by the time my booking appointment comes around so am hoping they don't leave it till then to book the scan! Although I guess if they can get one in for the next week it would be okay

In all fairness the midwife did say that she had tried to contact me before christmas to get the scan booked but I'd changed phone number from the one on my record - they had a number that was 14 yrs old and i didn't realise! Stupid thing is they've called me on my mobile loads of times so don't know why the midwife couldn't, I'd have an earlier scan date if she'd looked! :roll:

I would be tempted to ring mw and ask as they have to send a form to the hospitol and there is no reason why they can't do this before your booking app. I just managed to get my scan at 11 weeks because i am so big but only because i have a freind who works in maternity managment and knows which strings to pull - but found out along the way that a week after my booking app they still hadn't sent form away - so had i not pushed i think i would have ben waiting til i was 13-14 weeks.

Hiya.
I had my booking appointment around 9 weeks and she sent the form away then, I was so impatient to have it done before Christmas I phoned up to find out and it was the 29th of Dec. Apparently there is a big baby boom up here (must be the recession!!) so my local were struggling to cope. I thought I was 12 weeks 5 days at the scan but they measured me as 13 weeks 1 day. So not far off. So frustrating though when all you want to do is see that wee bean on the screen!!

It depends where you are - some people get a date at their booking appointment or just after. I got a letter through 6 days before my scan

i was 6 weeks when i found out i was pregnant and i dodnt have my scan until what the hospital thought i was 17 weeks (turned out to be 14 weeks) but i messed about alot at the beginning of my pregnancy. lol

i have my scan next wed which will make me 14 weeks but they originally tried to fob me off with an appointment for 27th jan which would have made me 16 weeks! I Wasnt having any of that so i rang and they "squezzed me in!" Think it depends what area you are in too! Know what you mean though, im counting the days till me scan, cant wait! xxx

I cant wait to get my date for my 1st scan! Seeing the midwife on 21st Jan so roll on then!!

I really wanna see my little bean, will make it real then!

yeah it will make it really real, actually being able to see the little bean :) I cant wait, a week today! woo!

I have waited ages to hear from the mw and hospital about this and I finally got a scan date today. Am seeing mw on 18th jan and scan is 20th jan - both when I'll be 12 weeks. However, I had to ring up docs to chase mw, who then rang me back as I told receptionist that I had some pain i was worried about (true!). When she rang back she said she was just looking at form from doc (filled out weeks before!), gave me appointment and then asked me about Downs test, which they normally ask at appointment. She said now she knew my decision on that she would contact hospital and book the test.

Moral is I think, keep ringing them!!! I'f I hadn't I'd have to wait a good couple of week until after mw appointment and by then I'd be mad!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Got my appointment today! I'm very happy that I finally have a date - 3 weeks on Tuesday!! The countdown begins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back