• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did you all....

lisaspoon

Reaction score
.....tell your boss you were pregnant?! Did most folk wait until the 12/13 week mark??

My morning sickness has kicked in big style and today I was sick before heading off to work....not being the best :puke: person....I was in a daze all day and I probably didnt work to best capacity....
Thing is I only started my job a month ago (before I found out I was preggers) so I'm really weary of saying anything too soon and trying to prove that I can do the job etc......BUT if I'm struggling to concentrate at this time, should I speak sooner rather than a bit later???? ( I was gonna see how I got on this week...mentally :rotfl: )
I'm currently 8 wks and 3 days, so I shouldnt have my head in the clouds for too much longer!!!!!

i told mine the day i was due back off maternity leave lmao!!! ( i was about 12 weeks)

i wanted to wait a little longer but i had to tell them then becase they had to know that i was taking time off sick because i was pregnant and had got hyperemesis again lol

i had to tell mine in a bit of a rush through tears at 8 weeks as i needed to go to hosp as i thought i was having a m/c. i wouldnt have told them until after my first scan otherwise as like you i'd only started but im glad i did as it accounted for my tiredness and lack of drive. my other job as a dance teacher i told my partner straight away as i wanted time off with feeling sick and tired

hi quiteone!
im not stalking you honest!
i told my "big" boss on monday,she even said to i should wait longer before i told the HR department,i just wanted her to know as its a pretty small office and the fact im running backwards and forwrds to the loo every 2 seconds and retching i thought might be a giveaway! :shock:

hello!! I was thinking about telling my immediate project manager who watches what work is done etc..... like you I'm in a small office and they must notice the fact that I'm up and down to the toilet and also sit there looking pale and constantly nibbling at food all day!!
I would however, like to keep it confidential to the rest until the 12/13 week mark......also, i was on a business trip a few weeks ago and wasnt drinking .....thought it may have looked suss!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I told them the day after I found out at 4 weeks! But I had to really coz of the risks involved in my job. Most people knew by 5 weeks and I found it better because people looked out for me - wouldnt let me lift heavy stuff etc and everyone was very understanding when I had to sit in the toilet for an hour every morning being sick!

well I start a new job tomorrow and the contract is till Nov this year (they asked me how long I could work for them and I said till xmas, without telling them why). I will try and wait to tell them after my 12/13 week scan, unless my morning sickness becomes too obvious and then I will tell my manager. That's the plan anyhow.

I haven't told anyone yet as my boss is based 200 miles away from me and she isnt a great boss. I lead a Team and have told my most senior member so if I am late in for example she covers.

I am not telling the company officially until after my scan on 4th July just for my own piece of mind worried about jinxing things. I'll then tel my boss and HR Dept.

Seems like I have been waiting ages but the last couple of weeks have really flown by!

I still havent told my boss and i hoping he just thinks i am fat! :rotfl: they seriously must wander why i have to pee 50 times a day tho. I was looking for a job whilst pregnant and started this one at 13 weeks (without saying) i do need to tell them but need to work out sow as i actually really like this job and would like to go back. I now need to practice my lying...i had no idea i was pregnant, honest! :fib:

I think it depends on your workplace, the kind of job you do and your relationship with your manager. Also on how you are feeling with your pregnancy. Obviously if you're being sick all the time you need to tell earlier!!

Based on my relationship with my manager I waited till I was 12 weeks.

I told them the day after I found out at about 4 weeks, the first time and this time as I have alot of lifting and other stuff at work. also told everyone else at work the next day ! as they all know about my misscarraige back in April. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back