• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

when can i stop sterilising?

Bella2

Reaction score
Have booked a holiday in France for September by which time my LO will be 11 months. Would be it be okay by then to stop sterilising the bottles? I know most of the websites recommend waiting till a year but really don't want to have to lug the steriliser with me if I can help it. Also would I need to give her bottled water or would tap water be okay if it's boiled? x

I went on holiday when lo was 9 months and washed them well and rinsed them with boiling water and he was ok. I took milton tablets just in case too.
I just boil tap water for lo

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I think it depends where you go. France is just as well set up in its water system as the uk is. I would take some milton just in case too though, if you don't take them you'll need them lol

I think at 11 months she'll be fine. I was confused about this too as one of my friends said you can stop at 6 months then HV told me to hang on till 12 months just to be on the safe side. I've read somewhere not to give bottled water as the mineral content (sodium in particular) can be a bit high for them xx

I stopped sterilising when my LO was 11 months and all was fine. As long as you make sure the bottles are washed thoroughly there shouldn't be any problem. Have a lovely holiday :)

The Hv said to us that the official line is 1 year but if everything is vey clean then you can stop at 6 months. When we go away we plan to use the new sma bottles that you attach a disposable teat to. By then she wont be having many bottles will she?
xxx

Thanku for all your replies girls really appreciate it. I am pretty merticulous anyway when washing bottles so hopefully all will be fine. Good point mrs n i hadn't thought about her only being on a couple of bottles a day by then that's a good point :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back