Sterilising

littleem

Reaction score
I just wondered if we are sterilising right, bethany is only 5 days old so we are still learning, we have a tommee tippee electric steriliser, which says bottles last 3 hours if unopened, so rather than sterilise one bottle at a time, how do you sterilise more??? because cant put the water in straight away as midwife says water must be hot to mix the milk powder. So we're unsure what to do???

At first with my first son, I sterilised all his bottles then made up all his bottles in one go and stored them in the fridge!
Then just warmed them up as and when I needed them!

We sterilise them all at once, then as long as the lid is on them we assume that they stay sterile. We also put cool boiled water in them at this time and reseal them, we then add 1oz of boiling water when we make up a feed, rather than making fresh each time.

sass said:
We sterilise them all at once, then as long as the lid is on them we assume that they stay sterile. We also put cool boiled water in them at this time and reseal them, we then add 1oz of boiling water when we make up a feed, rather than making fresh each time.

we do the same

we sterilise her bottles all at once and then store them in the cupboard
they're fine as long as nothing has touched the teat i presume???
weve done this for 10 weeks now and leahs been fine :)

I use the same steriliser and I was told if you sterilise a few bottles at a time and then seal them they will stay sterile for up to 24 hours in the fridge.

Crystal xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back