Whats your heritage??

Ok, here goes:
Dad's side: Italian, Austrian and possibly Hungarian (if you consider the Austrian-Hungarian Empire to have been one around the time of Napoleon).
Mother's side: English, Irish, German, Italian (Coriscan. Apparently, I'm decended from Napoleon :shock: ), Blackfoot Cherokee Native American. Perhaps there's some Scandinavian blood, but I can't trace it that far back.

Yeah, I'm a mixed up kid. My kid(s) will be even more mixed up with the Dutch from my DH's side thrown in there :rotfl:

english! but my nana was full scotish so tht makes my mam half so i must be 3/4 :D

My Grandad's side were scottish & My Nana's side were Romany Gypsies, on my dad's side they were english through & through. :)

half austrian (fathers side) half english, never met my sad sack father tho :roll:

Let's see...

Mom's side - English, German, Welsh
Dad's side - English, Swedish, French, Chippewa Native American

I'm from the US and my dh is from Oz but is a UK citizen (his blood is Irish/English), so our kids will be extra screwed up! :lol:

I'm English, as are my parents, though my dad had Irish grandparents.

OH was born in England but has Scottish parents (from Glasgow).

James was born in England, Logan in Scotland :D

Can somebody tell me if i put up my bits and bobs :lol: :oops:

Dad: Born in England. His mum is half french and dad full english.

Mum: Born in Jersey. Her mum and dad from Jersey.

Does that make me mostly french :lol:

I'm German, but my mother's family had been displaced from what is now Poland during WW2. My grandmother's maiden name sounds polish, and I know my grandparents spoke at least a little Polish or Czech.

The bloke is English, but his paternal grandpa was Polish and came over to Britain after the war.

We try to raise Millicent bilingually and biculturally, so that she'll have a connection to both her English and her German heritage.

My mum is (Northern) Irish and my dad is English.
I've researched my dad's side of the family tree and there are some Scottish ancestors but other than that small branch he's English through and through. Not sure about my mum's side, not ventured into that yet!

Sweetcheeks24 said:
My Grandad's side were scottish & My Nana's side were Romany Gypsies, on my dad's side they were english through & through. :)

*High five* I'm romany too :)

Lou said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:

high_five.gif

Least you got the dark locks and the dark skin.. My Nana has gorgeous skin. I'm all pasty :wall:

Lou said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:

my mum and dad are both english, i grandma scottish and my other grandma's roots were Romany gypsy :)

Mum's dad is Indian and my dad's side are English as far as I've ever asked.

Mum is dark with brown eyes, dad is a blondie with blue eyes, I got my mum's colouring and my dad's facial features :)

Sweetcheeks24 said:
Lou said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:

high_five.gif

Least you got the dark locks and the dark skin.. My Nana has gorgeous skin. I'm all pasty :wall:

Nah, you are luverly :)

Somebody once told me romany gypsies come from Spain and even as far as India originally :think:

Lou said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:
Lou said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:

high_five.gif

Nah, you are luverly :)

Somebody once told me romany gypsies come from Spain and even as far as India originally :think:

Never knew that, tbh though i'm pretty ignorant to it all. :oops: I have never looked into my history as far as that side or the scottish side is concerned. I guess i've always just considered myself English cos this is where I was born and brought up! :)

Im currently starting my family tree acctually :lol: All scottish on my dads side. Though my mums great grandparents were Lithuanian lol I have done a bit of rough research previously and the Barclay (dads) side goes right back to the original de Berchelai who was given rights to land up near Aberdeen by William the Conqueror back in 1069-ish... where still stands Barclay Towie castle... or house as its sometimes known since it was refurbished in the 70's and downsized.

Anyways... as far as im concerned, im Scottish through and through... and anyone that knows me will say the same - usually referred to as the most die hard scottish person they know :rotfl:

I'm all English, Anthonys all Irish. Ivy is.......a bit English and a bit Irish and is going to be Cornish lol!

Father, German, as were my grandparents on that side.

Mother, English her parents came over from Ireland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back