what's wrong with my baby

madmillie92

Reaction score
So my perfect quiet breastfeeding baby turned yesterday into a crying, vomiting crazy baby, who won't latch on and when he manages to he pulls away and screams. I have resorted to expressing and bottle feeding but he throws it back up most of the time :-( he slept ok yesterday but today he has hardly slept, apart from a couple of hours which I achieved by giving him a dummy...
Is he ill? Is it something wrong I'm eating? I have been drinking a lot of coke the last couple of days... Or maybe its nipple confusion from taking breast bottles and dummys...I'm so confused! Can't bear to see him like it but don't know what to do!

Try stay off caffeine for a bit
might even have silent reflux from it?

3 weeks old at the moment, going to cut out all caffeine and dairy x

How is he doing today? Has he gone back on the boob? Is he still throwing up his feed?

I would be thinking reflux Hun if he is screaming after feeds and throwing it up? If he is still doing this even after expressed milk them give your gp a ring?

Yea max did this I went docs they said reflux gave gaviscon infant still had bouts of it now
Maybe go docs and see how you go

I'd also go breastfeeding class if there's one local you may have fast let down which doesn't help they can help you position so as to give baby easier time feeding, maybe hand express abit of milk off if u produce a lot - little tips like that helped max
He's recently been very fussy, agitated again but the throwing up business did stop - I'd reccomens going to a class check positioning etc before going down gaviscon route as it can bung them up

Defo cut back on the coke tge caffeine isn't good for you or baby also the sugar and additives in it probably won't do baby any good either xx

Thanks everyone, I have worked out its definatley reflux, he has all the symptoms! I do have a very fast let down to the point that he will choke and splutter and swallow loads of air and I have to burp him every few minutes, he sometimes refuses to lie flat and make these awful grunting 'constipated' noises then starts crying so last night (well about 5am anyway) resorted to letting him sleep in his bouncer (going to do another thread on this as I know he should be flat but not sure how to achieve this when he's in obvious pain when sleeping flat). Also he gets hiccups when I lie him flat which again will make him sick and the only way to get rid of then I have found, is to feed him which starts of the wind again, and its just a vicious circle!
Giving him an expressed bottle does seem to help as he swallows let air but he will still be sick a bit, but he is putting on weight and has plenty of dirty nappys so I'm not too worried yet, will bring it up when the health visitor comes tomorrow x

You can tilt the cot or moses basket to a 30 degree angle that should help... xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back