What's wrong with him :'(

ishah2124

Reaction score
Well, the thing is.. since a couple of weeks now my little boy starting like grunting a little bit, it was only a bit as I remember we use to laugh thinking he is making horsey sounds lol. Then it got a bit more annd then in the few days he started grunting/pushing, going red in the face, bringing his legs up and stressing a lot. Right now, he's doing it pretty much ALL the time, he never goes into deep sleep as he's always doing this (which keeps me awake all night as I can'e sleep when he's doing this so loud!) honestly it's really bad. Once he starts pushing and going red, he stars crying after cause he hates being that way.

I took him to the doctors and they said '' He knows how to do it now so that's why he keeps doing it '' Tbh, I think thats the most silliest thing iv'e heard! :roll:

Iv'e tired infacol, colic drops, gripe water and everything else. Nothing seems to work, I don't know what it could be. The thing is.. it doesn't stop, it's ALL the time which 100% tires him out so much but something happening to cause this and he keeps doing it

Is he constipated at all? X

He was but only the last 2/3 days, hes been in the descried situation for 2 weeks though. He had a diarrhoea like poo (sorry) last night though

Sophia is like this! She is really windy - she forever grunts like she is straining to get yet her poo is soft, although it is green so the midwife said this indicates wind. We have been trying her with Colief which has helped a little but I seriously believe Sophia is lactose intolerant. We are just monitoring it everyday and I do a diary of all her feeds, nappies, vomits etc so I have a record of it all.

The hospital thinks it's reflux which I tend to agree with as she is sicky if put down too soon after a feed, the grunting can be because of acid coming into their throat. They won't give her anything at the moment though. Maybe his formula doesn't agree with him if he is formula fed. Will he take a dummy?

Last edited:
Sophia is like this! She is really windy - she forever grunts like she is straining to get yet her poo is soft, although it is green so the midwife said this indicates wind. We have been trying her with Colief which has helped a little but I seriously believe Sophia is lactose intolerant. We are just monitoring it everyday and I do a diary of all her feeds, nappies, vomits etc so I have a record of it all.

The hospital thinks it's reflux which I tend to agree with as she is sicky if put down too soon after a feed, the grunting can be because of acid coming into their throat. They won't give her anything at the moment though. Maybe his formula doesn't agree with him if he is formula fed. Will he take a dummy?
ahhh he takes milk out after most feeds but not lots of sick... (well, sometimes)
He doesnt like taking the dummy but he will if I keep giving it.
I breastfeed him, (from bottle) I have been advised by a few people to change his milk and see if he will settle on something else but I change my mind when other people tell me mothers milk is best...?

I was in Boots today and seen Aptamil do a milk called Comfort Milk for colic and consitpation, I was told by a few midwives that Aptamil is the best milk (and whaddya know most expensive) I think they'll be on shelves in big Asdas and Tescos etc but not in the smaller shops. Maybe you could combine formula with your breast milk? x

Owen grunted loads as a newborn. We always worried that he was constipated or had wind but he was fine. He just stopped doing it around 2 months I think. I know a few people who's baby's also did it and it seems completely normal so don't worry too much

Thankyou for this post, I was wondering the very same thing. Evelyn doesn't have any obvious problems like reflux or constipation, but grunts all the time. I'm assuming it's just one of those things, lol.

my LO grunts as well, especially after feeds. I think it's wind - if I wind him well, he usually stops! He also stops grunting if I hold him upright, which would make sense if it was wind. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back