whats my rights?

annem

Reaction score
I've just taken my car in to the garage as the engine management light has come on.

My car is still under warranty. Its three years old this December and its done just over 30,000miles. Can they charge me for anything or should they fix it for free?

well one of my friends said parts maybe under warranty but not labour? But i would of thought it should be, its worrying me a bit as VW are naughty when it comes to over charging!!

Found this on VW website:

Exclusions
Types of damage not covered by warranty includes, but are not limited to:

Damage caused by your failure to take all reasonable steps to prevent mechanical damage from occurring, for example, taking appropriate action in the event of warning lights appearing.
Damage or defects caused by not having the vehicle serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Damage or defects caused by improper use of the vehicle, neglect, or use of the vehicle for motor sports activities.
Accident damage.
Damage to paintwork, chrome or a convertible top caused by climatic, thermal, chemical or industrial pollution.
Windscreen or glass breakage after a period of 1month/600 miles (whichever is soonest) from date of vehicle first registration.
Items which are excluded from warranty cover include but are not limited to:

Components or equipment which are not part of the vehicle at the point of original manufacture.
Fair wear and tear items, such as brake pads, brake discs, brake and clutch linings, wiper rubbers, spark plugs, bulbs and fuses, tyres, carpets and seat covers.
Fluids, oils and coolants (except as part of a valid repair).
Bodywork, unless the vehicle is subject to the Volkswagen anti-perforation warranty.

Please also note that wheel balancing and wheel alignment will not be carried out under the terms of your warranty, as the frequency with which this needs to be done depends on driving technique and road conditions.

Routine maintenance and servicing is not covered by the warranty.

Incidental or consequential costs such as hotel charges, car hire, loss of personal effects or income are not recoverable under the terms of the warranty.

Link is http://www.vw.co.uk/services/factory_wa ... exclusions

Just also noticed that parts are only covered for 2 years under the standard factory warranty....

Replacement parts warranty
All Volkswagen Original replacement parts carry a warranty for a period of 2 years/unlimited mileage, from the date of purchase. Items with warranties in excess of 2 years will be advised to you at the time of purchase. The 2 year warranty does not apply to parts fitted under the terms of the vehicle warranty, which are warranted for the remaining period of the vehicle warranty.

arr what a nightmare!! thanks for your help. I think i'll call them!!

I've just taken my car in to the garage as the engine management light has come on.

My car is still under warranty. Its three years old this December and its done just over 30,000miles. Can they charge me for anything or should they fix it for free?

well one of my friends said parts maybe under warranty but not labour? But i would of thought it should be, its worrying me a bit as VW are naughty when it comes to over charging!!

Found this on VW website:

Exclusions
Types of damage not covered by warranty includes, but are not limited to:

Damage caused by your failure to take all reasonable steps to prevent mechanical damage from occurring, for example, taking appropriate action in the event of warning lights appearing.
Damage or defects caused by not having the vehicle serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Damage or defects caused by improper use of the vehicle, neglect, or use of the vehicle for motor sports activities.
Accident damage.
Damage to paintwork, chrome or a convertible top caused by climatic, thermal, chemical or industrial pollution.
Windscreen or glass breakage after a period of 1month/600 miles (whichever is soonest) from date of vehicle first registration.
Items which are excluded from warranty cover include but are not limited to:

Components or equipment which are not part of the vehicle at the point of original manufacture.
Fair wear and tear items, such as brake pads, brake discs, brake and clutch linings, wiper rubbers, spark plugs, bulbs and fuses, tyres, carpets and seat covers.
Fluids, oils and coolants (except as part of a valid repair).
Bodywork, unless the vehicle is subject to the Volkswagen anti-perforation warranty.

Please also note that wheel balancing and wheel alignment will not be carried out under the terms of your warranty, as the frequency with which this needs to be done depends on driving technique and road conditions.

Routine maintenance and servicing is not covered by the warranty.

Incidental or consequential costs such as hotel charges, car hire, loss of personal effects or income are not recoverable under the terms of the warranty.

Link is http://www.vw.co.uk/services/factory_wa ... exclusions

Just also noticed that parts are only covered for 2 years under the standard factory warranty....

Replacement parts warranty
All Volkswagen Original replacement parts carry a warranty for a period of 2 years/unlimited mileage, from the date of purchase. Items with warranties in excess of 2 years will be advised to you at the time of purchase. The 2 year warranty does not apply to parts fitted under the terms of the vehicle warranty, which are warranted for the remaining period of the vehicle warranty.

arr what a nightmare!! thanks for your help. I think i'll call them!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back