Not open for further replies.

Doodles

Reaction score
In our house it's

Breakfast - Bacon & Sausage sandwiches with Orange Juice
Starter - Game (pheasent & venison) Salad with Raspberry & Red Wine Dressing
Palet Cleanser - Mango Sorbet
Lunch - Traditional Turkey Dinner with all the Trimmings
Dessert - Trifle, Mafiosso Cake with Homemade Custard (also making dairy free versions of both for Doodles who's lactose intolerent)
Dinner/Tea - Nibbles & Dips

Boxing Day dinner is Gammon & then Turkey Curry with goose fat chips for tea

What's everyone else having?

Mine is no where near that posh! We have a normal Christmas dinner with turkey and haven't decided on pudding yet. Maybe having a starter but depends on time and then cheese board in the evening. I might be having a buffet on Christmas eve as well but if I don't have it then I'll do it Xmas evening. Depends on when my sisters working :)

Have a lovely day with all the scrummy food!!!

Wow that does sound posh :) and yummy!
We normally have either soup or prawn cocktail for starter, traditional turkey dinner and then christmas pud.
And a buffet on the night :) Nom!!! xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

We'l be having prawns for starter,then turkey & pork with all the trimmings,Christmas pud & gateau for pudding,tempted to get a cheese board this year aswel x

We have a choice of either prawns, soup or garlic mushrooms for starter. Followed by;
Gammon, turkey and beef with sprouts and chestnuts, honeyed parsnips and carrots, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, cabbage and bacon, cauliflower cheese and a choice of gravy, cranberry sauce or bread sauce.
We have gâteau for dessert.
On Christmas night we have a buffet.

Warm Choc au Pains and tea when we wake up.
Hot sausage rolls and bucks fizz when we get to mums.
Full xmas with all the trimmings for lunch.
Trifle or clementine flan for pud (no-one likes xmas pud)
Back home for cheese and biscuits and choccies in the evening and a non-alcoholic beer for me!! lol

Christmas will be a little different this year, normally breakfast is smoked salmon and scrambled egg on toast with a glass of champagne but this year it will be soft drink and crumpets for me! Then its a traditional christmas lunch with all the trimmings (all cooked by my mam this year) followed by a choice of dessert. We'll be having left overs and a mini buffet for tea and prob the same on boxing day! I cant wait cos it will be the first year spend with my family for a long time and I dont have to do anything but relax!!

We have scrambled eggs for breakfast

Then starter is scallops for OH and soup for me
Traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings
Pudding is baileys cheesecake!

Lots of snacks and nibbles!x

My family will be having goose with all the trimmings, however I'm fussy so am having my very own turkey (nom nom nom!!) and my OH doesn't like goose or turkey, and won't eat meat with bones, so is having a lamb steak and trimmings!

Then it'll be choccies, trifle, gatueau etc etc.....

Tea is on of my faves- buffet type food with chips and anything else we want

We get spoilt rotten on christmas day, as we don't get much in the year, as my family is pretty much broke...

Not sure about breakfast ( we prob have bacon sarnies) but we have can bottle of cava for some point to celebrate ( I was preg with Owen last year so no alcohol!!)!! We are having Chimbo lunch which is chicken, beef and gammon with roast potatoes, mash potatoes, carrots, leeks, parsnips , sausage wrapped in bacon, stuffing, and yorkshires.

Pudding : either sticky toffee pudding or strawberry cheese cake
Then for evening we have:
Nibbles in buffet style : Indian mixed plater, chicken skewers, sausage rolls, sausages , salad, bread rolls , cheese board and cheese / pâté and any left over meat people want! Nom nom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back