What would you get your 24 year old step daughter?!

lea m

Reaction score
My OH's eldest is nearly 24 and I have no idea what to get her!? I mean with me being only nearly 27 I know what she likes etc but I was thinking perfume but then, is that not something you get someone else? lol like not your daughter!? Would she not think "all I got was some perfume?" I don't know if Im coming across as I mean :lol: I cant never say things right lol!
Shes not spoilt or anything but I don't know!? Would perfume and some smellies be a nice present or should we be getting her something like jewellery? We cant afford to spend too much on her tbh and she understands this with all the other younger children but still don't want her thinking she got a crappy present!? What would you get her ?

I love gift experiences, would she like something like Zorbing, or a pole dancing lesson for her and a friend?

photoshoot for her and a mate, AWESOME!! my ex bought one for me and tracey, pics are somewhere in the million pgs of off topic lol :lol:

try lastminute.com for a gd deal :D

I'd love perfume :lol: and I'm the same age ;)

How about some make up that she really wants? Benefit stuff is fab but so expensive so I don't buy it myself

mummykay said:
photoshoot for her and a mate, AWESOME!! my ex bought one for me and tracey, pics are somewhere in the million pgs of off topic lol :lol:

try lastminute.com for a gd deal :D

I did one of these two, fab value!

I think there's nothing wrong with getting her some perfume.

That must be bizarre having a step-daughter that's only 3 years younger than you! Does she think of you as a mother figure? Do you think of her as a daughter?

Thanks for all the replies ladies!! :D

Xena not really, we just see each other as friends?! :D

i have a 24 yr old step daughter too, what i usually do is choose a nice bag and fill it with lots of little stuff like smellies,make up,bangles and stuff that she uses this doesnt cost a fortune and she really likes it too, we also give all our older kids an envelope with cash in for the sales after xmas.

xrachx said:
i have a 24 yr old step daughter too, what i usually do is choose a nice bag and fill it with lots of little stuff like smellies,make up,bangles and stuff that she uses this doesnt cost a fortune and she really likes it too, we also give all our older kids an envelope with cash in for the sales after xmas.

I'd go with that too... or something I know I'd like but don't think to treat myself to would be like a pampering voucher - there tend to be loads of nice little salons around and for 15 or 20 quid vouchers she could pick from massage, manicure, pedicure, make up session, haircut etc... just an idea :) Also, Bannatynes health clubs (if theres one by you?) have a spa in them that have vouchers for any amount of money and they're really posh :)

That's just me tho. I'm 23.. I would usually pick my own purfumes (unless you know which one she specifically likes?) but things like pampering I always think ooh that'd be nice but I never get round to it, and when I do I'm skint by then :(

Perfume is a good idea! Maybe some perfume which she likes or one that you think she will like and something small and cheap that is cute, like a top or something.

I like the idea of a little gift bag filled up with make up and hair products... :cheer:

OMG YOU HAD A BABY! Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! Congratulations hun! I never realized!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ermmm how about a nice make up MAC is good you could get her some nice basic stuff like mascara, eyeshadow, blusher if shes into make up. Or a decent handbag? Depends on her style really monsoon do some really nice bags around christmas time and you could get her some gloves/hat/scarf to go with it?

All of the things above sound fab, the other thing is maybe a gift card for Topshop!

nickilubs said:
OMG YOU HAD A BABY! Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! Congratulations hun! I never realized!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

OMG me too I have only just realised when I looked at the username! congratulations :cheer: :dance:

Love all the suggestions - it must be hard!!
I'd personally go with the topshop voucher - can't go wrong with topshop!!!

nickilubs said:

Ermmm how about a nice make up MAC is good you could get her some nice basic stuff like mascara, eyeshadow, blusher if shes into make up. Or a decent handbag? Depends on her style really monsoon do some really nice bags around christmas time and you could get her some gloves/hat/scarf to go with it?

I agree, I LOVE benefit stuff too they have some wicked little makeup bags aswell!!

I can't believe you're 27 and have 4 kiddlewinks thats amazing!! :hug: And you look good!!!

Many congrats again hon!!

Aww thanks for all the congrats! :D :D :D :D

And thankyou for all the ideas too! There great!! Im going to chat with Joe and see which he thinks!! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back