What would you do?

Penstraze

Reaction score
Last night DH and I had a row and he really upset me I then ended up having to go to Tesco's on my own just to get stuff for him to keep him happy all the time I was there I was getting cramps in my bump, previously I had been getting alot of braxton hicks but they were painless these were kind of like braxton hicks but that hurt. When I got home I went and lay in bed watching telly so I could calm down and keep away from DH to avoid another row and getting more stressed, I usually avoid arguments and so far this pregnancy have mostly managed to keep myself calm and not get worked up! The cramps seemed to stop when I calmed down again and relaxed although my bump feels very achy. Little miss has moved today but not alot and shes usually really active I'm torn between ringing midwife and seeing what they say, just calling docs and seeing if there are appointments free with midwife as wednesdays are the day they do appointments and I'm due to see her next week which is 4 weeks from when I last saw her which I think is alot or just leaving it as she is moving so must be ok, what would you do?

Thanks for all the replies :shakehead: :rotfl: I have booked an appointment with midwife can't see that it matters going this week rather then next and my book said i should see midwife at 34 weeks but last time I saw her I was 31+5 and next week will be nearly 36 so will put my mind at rest knowing all is ok with baby and save me waiting til next week! :lol:

Gizza chance :lol:

I get cramps when shouting at DH and baby moves around a lot if he shouts so he's learnt to lower his voice now. I think it's just where we get all tense. If baby is moving then I wouldn;t worry, just might be tired from yesterdays stress.

The stronger than usual BH might have encouraged her to move down a bit and become engaged maybe?! That could be why she's moving a bit less?

If you are worried though hun, call your MW. She'll reassure you.

Give you DH a smack on the wrist for upsetting baby :shakehead: Naughty man!

Hope you're ok :hug: xx

Thanks girls :hug:
:rotfl: Hazel im just too impatient! :rotfl:

Dannii you could be spot on I saw midwife and she was suprised to find that baby is head down and really low down she said shes right on the brim of my pelvis and will almost definately be engaged by time I see her next she seemed quite suprised and even checked my dates again on computer, she said before that cramps were probably just cause of stress and nothing to worry about but once she'd felt babies position she said her being so low could be why im getting so many tightenings etc and if I had anymore painful ones to call them straight away after practically dismissing them out of hand when I first told her was abit odd when she was so much more serious about it checking I had all the numbers for emergency midwife etc :think:

What worried me most was baby not really moving but since I booked appointment she hasnt stopped wiggling cheaky madam! :lol: I'm really glad I saw midwife though hearing babies heartbeat and knowing all is ok has cheered me up loads :cheer:

Have made a point of saying to DH that midwife thinks the stress caused the cramps and that Im not to get stressed, although not sure he got the point he was too busy convincing himself baby is going to come early (hes getting very impatient is more wishful thinking!) :roll: my friend is also convinced baby is going to come early now too, I still think shes going to keep me waiting and be fashionably late! :lol:

Thanks Dannii :hug: I love how active she normally is cause its so reasuring glad shes back to wiggling around again! :cheer:

You did the right thing, putting your mind at ease, as stress isn't worth it, your MW is there for these reasons :hug: :hug: :hug: So glad to hear she's getting all prepared, and that your uterus is warming up nicely with some practise BH's, its all sounding like perfect news for you so I hope your DH starts to treat you and be nice as you'll soon be quite busy :wink: Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Glad she's wriggling again. Tell your DH he's not allowed to get you stressed!!!!

Thanks everyone! :hug: DH was extra nice to me yesterday brought me tea and everything am making the most of it whilst it lasts! :lol:

I had a raging row with peter on tue night/ wed morning :evil: and when i went to see the midwife on wed afternoon she was as suprised as i was that my bambina was 3/5 engaged :think: maybe our babies just wanna get out and kick their daddy's arse :rotfl:

Glad everything is ok :hug: And that your DH is being extra nice to you now :D

Glad to hear it's all okay now, LO is wriggling and DH is making the tea - just as it should be :D

For what it's worth I had the same sort of thing yesterday (painful BH that really made me catch my breath) while getting all stressed out on a massive shopping mission.

It's probably just our little ones way of telling us to chill out!

***vix*** said:
maybe our babies just wanna get out and kick their daddy's arse :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I had a whole night where I was getting pains and tightening in my tummy the other day but it never got too painful or closer together and eventually it just wore off. Luckily baby was in party mode the next morning or I'd have done what you did and called the MW. You did the right thing to put your mind at ease.

Glad to hear your DH is making it up to you

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back