What would you do?!

littlemonkey

Reaction score
My LO is 15 weeks and being akward taking his feeds this last week. He'll have about half what he normaly does before kicking off crying and screaming. Other than this he is fine in himself. He was checked by HV on Thurs (when he was eating OK) and I took him to the GP yesterday, who gave him a thorough once over, said there's nothing wrong with him and just offer him little and often over the weekend.

I'm meant to be going to a wedding tonight with the OH and leaving LO with my parents at our house. I just worry about leaving him when he's like this, especially with my mum who is an excessive worrier! I've said to OH to just go without me, which I think he's in a bit of a strop over. We've looked forward to this for ages, it's my first night out leaving LO, I got a new dress and my hair done especially. I'm gutted at the thought of not going, but I don't feel right leaving my little man! What would everyone else do?!

Last edited:
We only left James for the first time very recently (with OH's brother) and it was fine.

However had I any concerns / worries about bub then I don't think I would have truly relaxed and enjoyed my evening. So I probably wouldn't go!

How far away is this wedding? Maybe if it's not too far you can go for a bit?

Is bub sleeping night through? If so maybe you can leave after he is asleep?

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I would stay with my lo if I were in this position but I'm a real worrier. If you want to stay with your lo then do, but at the same time if you trust him with your mum then go. Or you could comprise and go for a short while. I think anyone descent (no offence to anyone) would understand if you wanted to be with your lo when they're not themself. Have fun if you, and if you stay hope its a relaxed evening for you xx

It is awkward.....can you let go and have a good time if you do go? You can tell your mum that you will call he a couple of times so she makes sure she answers.

Is it far? I'm sure he will be fine and the only one who might suffer is you but as long as he is ok you don't need to.....it is hard as the 1st 4 times my lo wasn't with me I just cried, now it's easier. Xx

My opinion is slightly different, probably because Ethan has always been difficult when it comes to milk feeds anyway so it's just the norm for us! Also, Ethan's older than your LO.
I've left my LO with my mum and dad quite a few times. But then again, seeing its unusual your LO is acting this way, I probably wouldn't go.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back