What was your baby's head circumference at birth?

KJ

Reaction score
As the title really.

Just got inspired by reading the other thread about tearing.

Asher's was 37cm and I needed an episiotomy after over 2 hours of pushing!

Just wondering wether head circumference was linked to whether people tore or needed episiotomy's? Does small head equal no tear or cut? Or doesn't it make a difference?

Just interested really.

K.xx

Galen's was 35cm at birth. I tore, but very cleanly. My second stage was 34 minutes according to my notes. LO was almost 10lb also.

OH's family are known for having larger heads at birth. My MIL put her coccyx out when pushing out OH and was in a lot of pain for 6 months after the birth. His head was *that* big :shock: :shock:

My first baby who I tore with and weighed 6lb11oz head was 33.5cm. Aimees was 36.5 and I didn't need any stitches. Nathans head was 37.something cms (can't remember) and I didn't even graze. My pelvis floors shot now though :roll:

I don't know, we were never told, it may be in his notes but the hospital have those, interesting poll, always wondered what the average head circ of a baby was :)

Caitlyns HC was 30.5cm, No tear or cut and a slight graze!

X

hayden was 34cm- had a small tear inside and a perineal tear-
dont think i tore too bad but seems his head was small compared to the average- lucky me!

37 cm, and I tore my perineum. The MW was telling me to pant to prevent tearing but i was saying I cant just because my body was pushing so hard and I couldnt fight it as hard as I tried. There are no details of how long I was pushing for but OH says it was about an hour

millie's head was 35cm and my hips are only 78cm! i did tear but only a little one (2 stitches) its a wonder i didnt split in half tho with that woman/baby ratio lol!

well both mine were measured at 33cm, BUT im sure they were wrong, cause my 2nd baby had a TINY head and i couldn't find any hats to fit him. i had to get premature baby hats for him. yet my eldest could fit into newborn hats (just).

Ha! Asher's head has always been too big for hats his age. He's 8 months now, and I bought him a 6-12month sun hat from mothercare and it only just fits!

I think it's cause DH has quite a large head. Doesn't bode well for future babies/births!

K.xx

Abigails was 35.5cm and i didnt tear
Tias was 33.5cm and had quite a bad tear
Jordans was 34.5cm and i tore
Haydens was 36.5cm and i didnt tear

My midwives don't measure that so I don't know for either of mine. They didn't do length at birth either :(

31.5 - Had a forceps delivery and episiotomy after 20 mins of pushing. Also had a 2nd degree tear as her hand was up by her face when she came out.

33cm. hes got a big ole head now though lol, melon head like his dad! :lol:

DD was 35cm and i tore after 2 hours of pushing
DS was 35.8cm and i tore with 2 mins of pushing!!!
LOL i dont think it matter TBH, i tear anyway! :rotfl:

34cm, I tore after 1 hour of pushing, but only because she came out with her hand by her head (it was my labia that tore)

Her head had already grown 1cm a week later :rotfl:

37.5 cms and nothing but a minor graze :D

Not sure if this is something I should be proud of... I obviously have a bit of a bucket ;) :rotfl:

35cm and I tore up aswell as down after 20mins of pushing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back