What tog?

Rachey

Reaction score
Helloooo :wave:

Just popping in from Tri2 with a wee question if that's ok :)

Was just looking at sleeping bags/cot sets etc and wondered what I am meant to use? lol!

The sleeping bags I like come in 1 tog and 2.5 tog. Babys due in July so would I just be using a 1 tog sleeping bag and a fleece blanket? Or a 2.5 tog? Or am I supposed to use the quilt too? I thought the quilt was for when baby was a bit older but not really sure!

Sorry I'm totally hopeless! Thanks girls xxx

1 tog for 21degrees plus, 2.5tog for 16-20 degrees, you aren't supposed to use any additional blankets with a sleeping bag. X

Thanks hun :) that's good to know, gives me an idea of what to buy x

Last edited:
yep that sums it up! im using a 1 tog at the mo with a blanket during the day, bit naughty i guess :blush: but its ok lol. i do have 2 2.5tog that im going to start using x

laylas been in her 2.5 tog one since she was born (1st dec)

she has a vest on, & her jarmies & then into her sleeping bag, and when she naps through the day a lil blanket, not that it stays on tho cos she kicks it off n wiggles lots! lol

xxx

yep that sums it up! im using a 1 tog at the mo with a blanket during the day, bit naughty i guess :blush: but its ok lol. i do have 2 2.5tog that im going to start using x

Feels wierd seeing you on Ask a Mum :D I'm so used to seeing you on the pregnancy bits of the forum.. Sofia looks gorgeous hun! Welldone x

I don't know whether Lizzie is just a 'hot' baby, but when I put her in the 2.5tog sleeping bag we've got, she started sweating buckets! She only sleeps in a sleepsuit and 1 blanket (swaddled) most nights otherwise she's too hot.

Thanks girls, you've all been really helpful! I got a little room thermometer when I was getting bedding and sleepbags today so hopefully that will help too. I will be so scared to roast baby, but at the same time I'll be worried he's cold lol! x

Last edited:
It's surprising how warm babies are, I would be freezing in a 2.5tog sleeping bag but zac is always toast! X

Feels wierd seeing you on Ask a Mum :D I'm so used to seeing you on the pregnancy bits of the forum.. Sofia looks gorgeous hun! Welldone x

Lol it feels wierd being here trust me!! cant believe it! and thanks very much, shes a bit cool :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back