What to buy?

i had stitches with beth and kurt and tbh i would rather go through labour 3 times over than have them stitches are awful! :(

my midwife has adviced me not to have stitches - she says you heal better if left alone.

All these stories are really making me panic now!

S. xx

so if you tear or need cutting your Midwife recomends not being stitched... interesting... did she say tears or cuts will heal on their own... i always thought if you don't get a cut stitched it wont close properly... also i heard tearing is better than being cut. If you tear its a natural rip and the skin bonds back better.. but a cut is too clean and can take the skin longer to heal... so i was told! when you think about it... if you cut into a sheet of fabric then pull it - it rips easily... could be the same if the Midwife cuts you....

too much to think about...
x

i am sooo scared of having to be cut or tear!! i am praying so hard it dont happen!! :shock:

Wow nicki your abour sounded similar to mine - i got stuck on the bed with a drip and a monitor - not how i planned it at all!!

where i west sussex are you - we may have been in same hospital!

x

SarahH said:
my midwife has adviced me not to have stitches - she says you heal better if left alone.

All these stories are really making me panic now!

S. xx

my friend had a third degree tear which went all down her left thigh and into her anus! Im sure she wouldn't have healed better without stitches! LOL
Your midwife sounds scarey!

Hi i had my baby last october and one of the best things i bought was infacol it comes in a small bottle and it cost's about £2. My little girl was terrible at bringing up her wind and always seemed to have tummy ache so i spoke to my midwife who recommened this and it really is good will get your little one burping all over the place and will give them a good sleep without feeling uncomfortable. Another tip Liberty was always losing her scratch mittens in matalan they sell baby grows with the mittens built in they are great!!! if i can think of anything else i will be sure to let u ladies know.

Lucy and baby Liberty ava

Definately get loads of Sanitary towels (can be sanitary towels or Maternity pads) - makes no difference - they both do the same thing!!!!

Also Tea Tree Oil. I tore and had to be cut and this was a god send. A few drops in the bath and then a couple of drops on your pad (I didnt dilute but some people do!) Get this in just in case (I had to wait for a chemist to open and I wished I had some in just in case!)

Cotton Wool - get loads - I ran out in hospital!. You will use it washing baby in the first few weeks!

Dentinox colic drops are BRILLIANT - Heidi does massive burps!

Bibs that go over the head and not ones with velcro are also brilliant.

Vests - vests with long sleeves and no legs - get some in if you are using the gro bags!

If I think of anymore I'll let you know!

L x

Hi

I remember feeling exactly the same, that I was sure I had missed some vital things!

Along with the tea tree oil that Lisa recommends I would also buy lavender oil for the bath.. put 2 drops of each in a bath - it helps to heal your bits (milk them in a about 10mls of milk otherwise they will evaporate with the heat of the water).

Maternity pads - I found Always Ultra Night pads much more comfy than any of the maternity pads I'd bought.

I didn't try disposable pants but my SIL who had a C-section advised me to get some BIG pants just in case I had a section to avoid the pants going over the scar. I bought some really cheap ones from Primark (£3 for 5 pairs) but thankfully I didn't need to use them.

If you're planning on breastfeeding I would definately buy Lansinoh cream, it is amazing stuff and will heal your nipples if you get the latch wrong in the early days.

I didn't buy enough blankets and found that Olivia slept much better if she was swaddles so DH had to go out and get some more (the first few days at home she was sick a lot and the washing machine couldn't keep up!) Oh that reminds me, stock up on kitchen cupboard essentials so that DH only has to go to a corner shop for stuff rather than trecking to a supermarket!

A great tip my MW gave me about scratch mitts was to not waste my money but use socks instead! They go much further up the arm and stay on unlike mitts.

I also thorougly recommend going to the hairdresser sometime in the weeks leading upto your due date, I went the wk before and am so glad I did and meant that even if you could put your shopping in my under eye bags at least my barnet looked nice :)

Hope this helps

Lucy

Lol we use socks for scratch mits too lucy!! thought i was the only insane mum with a baby with sock puppets on his hands!!

x

Em78 said:
Wow nicki your abour sounded similar to mine - i got stuck on the bed with a drip and a monitor - not how i planned it at all!!

where i west sussex are you - we may have been in same hospital!
x

Hi Em,

I've pm'd you.

Nicki.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member