What to belive

Sparkle24

Reaction score
My chart has confused my to much now.

on day 15 there was a faint line. My first positive okp was on day 16. There was another pos on day 17 then on day 18 it was pale again and gone on day 19.

So to me i would think day 18 was day of ovulation.

Think again.............

Taking my temps and useing FF it says i OV on day 20.

I am being a compleate numpty about this it does that not work out right?

What do i belive am i 7dpo or 5dpo.

I am worrying that i was dtd the wrong time as we did it following the opks, one day before day of an day after. but if i am out by two days its messed me up this month.

Im not sure Sparkle as opks are not my strong point seen my body is all over the place. Im getting faint lines all over the place. I know that ive read you can get a positive opk for 2 days and I think you count the 2nd day as ov if ypu get a faint after that. If you dtd after the opks I think you will be fine. Good luck!!

I'd go off your OPK personally :)

I think temp charting is rubbish just from my own personal experience. You need to be too specific and very consistant with how you take your temperature and things.

The only benefit is vs expensive OPKs and possibly early pregnancy detection - but with cheap OPKs and ultra sensitive hpts around i wouldn't bother ;)

I think i will agree with you it does look the right option. and that way i dont have to wait an extra few days lol

Im having kind of the same problem. im next to certain i had pos opks weds and thurs just gone but no rise in temp. i still havnt had the rise eventhough i had a very specific dip on my chart.

i have read and been told that temping is more accurate than opks as you can get a pos opk and not ovulate but your temp only goes up and stays high after ov x x

I looked into this last month as had first pos opk on the monday and temp rise on the saturday.

I can't remember the exact numbers but if you add together the extremes for how long before ov you can get a pos opk and how long after it you can get a temp rise it comes to 5 days

Even with opks they say it's hard to pinpoint ov precisely as both methods rely on the amount of hormones in your blood stream and loads of things can affect that, plus it's not the quickest process

Oh and the ff software always picks the last day before your temps pass the cover line as the ovulation day. It doesn't seem to take opks into account

Thanks SE, I get it now (i think lol)

I am hoping i dont have to use it again. Its just usefull to see things written down infront of me

To be fair, ff was right with me. i had the pos opk last week and the drop in temp but not a big enough rise. low and behold, i had another pos opk yest after days of neg ones and this morn, my temp has shot right up.
i honestly wont be using opks if i go through another cycle as they dont seem to work proper for me x x

It was right last time for me and it worked and i did get PG. I supose i will just have to wait and see this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back