• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What to add?

kellie80

Reaction score
I want to start giving Aimee some food that i cook now and i'm not to sure what to do. I have tried her on potatos and veggies but she wouldn't eat them. Is there anything i can add to make them taste better? I know when Jess was little you could buy baby gravy but not seen it since!

Hi Kellie...
I have forgotten now how old Aimee is, but perhaps she isn't ready for food and you're interpreting that she doesn't like it. You really shouldn't have to add anything at this stage. Funny, my mom and some friends keep advising me to add honey or sugar... I don't!!!

Why not try some veggies that are naturally sweet. I cooked some butternut squash and pears (all in one pot) for Oscar today ... he couldn't get enough and neither could I!!! :D It's deliciously sweet.

I find potato a tricky veg to start with. I never get it sloppy enough and the taste is too bland for me. It's a veg that NEEDS butter and salt. Great combo's I've made are:

Butternut Squash and Pear - I boil the squash and 5 mins before it's cooked, I add the pear.

Apple and Banana - Both stewed together with some fresh orange juice - no water required. Yummmmmm

Pear and Youngberries - Stewed and strained through sieve to remove seeds

Avocado and Banana - fresh

Carrot and Potato - more carrot than potato

Baked Sweet Potato and Apple

Fresh Papaya - Oscars favourie!!!

Courgette and Carrot

Hope it's of some use. I genuinely think it's best to keep the tastes simple and not to try and hide it.

Emilia xx

Aimee is 6 months old now. Just thought it would be easier to start giving her some of our food when i cook but she won't eat what i offer her.

Ok... see what you mean!!
What sort of meals do you prepare? I know that it can be a real hassle to leave out he salt etc, until after.
What DOES Aimee like? Has she had some solids before now?

Sorry for all the questions!! :oops:
Emilia xx

Just a thought...
How about giving her "whole" food. There was a thread about "Baby led weaning" which concluded that from 6 months, you can give baby meats, veg, fruit, etc, in whole chunks - the size of baby's fist. Baby will suck on it and what's soft, they will mush themselves.

Aimee is on 3 meals a day now as i weaned her at 17 weeks. She is having the powdered baby foods at the minute but i don't really like giving them to her. I have tried her with all the basic veggies but i think they are to bland for her with her eating the ready made stuff. She does like mashed banana but she wouldn't eat anything else. We eat a lot of patsa and roast dinners, shepards pies, cassoroles, ect. But they all have things salty in them don't they so didn't know what to do. Thanks for help.

Sorry I haven't been much help! :doh:

Emilia xx

Hiya kellie
Have you tried mixing pureed veg with the powdered food? I'd have said parsnip and sweet potato have more taste to them that that powdered stuff, maybe she just needs to get used to it.

I'd be wary of giving her your own cottage pie etc becasue of the salt. What about roasting some veggies to keep in the extra flavour?

Hi

Just noticed that Aimee and Zara share their birthday! Zara won't eat anything either.

No help at all sorry - I'm in the same situation.

Removed due to deciding too personal for public viewing

Last edited:
Good idea, i never thought of adding veggies to ready made food. thanks! I also tried what emila said and gave her potato and carrot with more carrots in it and she loved it. Smelled so much nicer too, sometimes i'm feeding her and the smell makes me sick and feeling guity giving her food that i wouldn't eat. Maybe the smell is just cos i'm pg though. lol

Hi

Not sure what to suggest about food etc but you can still get baby gravy in Boots!

Tan x

So it is still available then, I have been looking everywhere for it. They haven't got it in my boots. Thanks

Hi

I've been mixing a little of Isaac's milk in with his veggies. Not only to make it a bit more runny but also because the milk is slightly sweet and makes it taste nicer and I suppose a bit more familiar to Isaac I would have thought.?

Lou :)

Anything with carrott in it, or that was orange, Damien loves. Try carott and apple, sounds odd I know but it's gorgeous, so is sweet potato and pea's.

x

I haven't given Naomi much yet but I tend to mix and match what she likes eg

breakfast - apple/pear/banana and baby rice mixed.
lunch - carrot and potato or carrot and apple or sometimes apple and pear
tea- apple and banana / apple and pear/apple etc etc.

She hates broccoli, loves carrots and potatoes. Going to try parsnip next and then some melon as the weather's been so hot.

Don't think I will give her meat till about 6 or 7 months and then only white meat for a bit.

Sue

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back