What time of day did your labour start?

nutcase109

Reaction score
Hi there! Im kind of under the impression (I dont know where from!) that if Im not beong woken up with contractions in the early morning, then I wont be in labour for the rest of that day and its another days wait. I think my Mum woke with pains at about 5.30am with me, then laboured all day and had me at night. And I heard that most babies come at night, not sure if thats true? Was just wondering what time your labours started?! Im overdue now so every morning feels like groundhog day, waiting for baby to arrive!

4.25am i woke with my 1st contraction. They started at 3mins apart and within 1 hr they were down to 2mins. She arrived at 7.52am.

Woke with no prior warning at 2.30am, waters break, have a show, constant contractions. Went to hospital 3.00am, fully dialated. Discovered undiagnosed breech, given general anasthetic and emergency section. Born at 4.00am! I think babies like to come in the small hours! xx

i had contractions from 9am but i dint relise what they were till about 11am when i relised how regular they were lol i thought they were yet more braxton hicks, they went on till about 1pm then stoppped and started back up at about 3pm i had him at 1:43 the following morning :)
goodluck i no how horrible ging overdue is i had given up all hope then went into labour
xx

3pm waters broke, contractions started pretty much straight away, delivered Evie at 10.01pm :D

Waters broke at about 8am. Then the contractions started at about 10am.
I gave birth at 12.29am the following morning :D

Hope you dont have to wait too much longer :hug:

I must be the exception then! I started my contractions about 10/11pm and had my son mid morning the following day x

With my 1st son my labour pains started about 10pm the day before I had him. My 2nd son had contractions from about lunch time then went into hossy about 10pm and about 9 hrs later out he popped. With my daughter my waters went at about 5pm with no warning signs prior to that and about an hour or two later contractions started but believe it or not I was 10cm dilated before my contractions started.

Mild contractions irregularly in the evening staring about 8pm, went to bed about midnight, knowing I was going into labour. Waters broke at 3.30am...at hospital by 4.20am undiagnosed beech position, forms signed and baby born at 5.10am.

Mine clearly liked the night/early morning. His arse also felt like his head for a good few weeks too!! :rotfl:

abigail, contractions started 1.30am had her at 11.42am
tia, contractions started at 7pm had her at 1.45am
jordan, contractions started at 3.30am had him at 5.29am
hayden, contractions started at 7.45am had him at 10.32am

Aww thanks girls, its great to see the variations of times - it has given me a little hope at least! x

I know what you mean about feeling like groundhog day and if there's no contractions in the night it ain't happening that day!

contractions started around midnight. Went to hospital at 4am and Evie was born at 7.30am

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back