• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what size clothes?

kerryp

Reaction score
hi, this is more for all of you that have got your bump (i havent yet & im getting frustrated about it)... have you stayed in your pre-pregnancy size clothes but just bought maternity OR have you had to buy a bigger size? im buying my normal size in maternity but my mum is buying me much bigger clothes like im going to explode or something!

I've just this week gone out and had to buy the next size up in maternity tousers. I was beginng to get uncomfortable in my jeans when I sit down.

I haven't put any weight on up top but my hips and bum have grown :oops: . This is definitely down to lack of exercise as had to rest all the time with heavy bleeding for 14 weeks. I'm not going to lose any weight now or get thinner so have just accepted it.

I would only buy things as you need them.

I have gone up two dress sizes (from 10 to 14) in maternity :oops: I put it down to the first tri where I was eating every two hours in order to avoid feeling sick. Almost wish I'd just coped with the sickness. I have taken up swimming to help tone the flab although I doubt I'll lose any before the birth (and don't want to in case I starve Oscar!).

Oh and also .... I am a cheeseaholic :oops: That probably hasn't helped the weight gain lol.

I'm just buying bigger clothes rather than bothering with maternity clothes as I find them a lot more expensive and I don't have that type of fund to allow me to waste money. I have gone from a size 10/12 to a size 14 and tend to purchase clothes from matalan or premark as they are the cheaper options.

I'm buying the same size clothes but everything I'm wearing is maternity now. The main thing I'm struggling with is buttoning up my coat! I have put a stone on in weight :shock:

have you got a bump yet chelle? ive put on about a stone as well & havent got a bump yet (youre only a day ahead of me)... ive been buying size 14 from matalan but if you go to peac0cks they have some cheap maternity clothes but they do 10/12 or 14/16... im a 12/14 hehehehehe
ive bought some really comfy jeans from dorothy perkins which are much better now ive found the adjustable elastic inside them :lol:

Its weird I guess its different for everyone, but I havent piled any pounds on excpt for bump and my boobs...

Ha we'll see if thats true in another 3 mths or so :shock:

Btw Summer clothing has some gr8 clothes that can be multi preggo, ie worn during preggytime and normal weight... if that makes sense...

All my maternity clothes are my normal size, in fact some are slightly smaller, i was a 8/10 before and all maternity is size 8. I do have a pair of trousers in a 10 but they fall down even now.
I'm hoping all my maternity clothes will last me until shes born and maybe a little after as im not gonna fit those jeans!!

Oh and i bought some normal trousers in a 10 that fit nicely under bump and my jumpers are now a 12, though most of my normal clothes still fit but i have to have a vest on underneath to prevent flashing bumpage

i've gone down a size on the bottom, half due to not eating much and half due to the fact that i've always had a bit of a tum anyway so maternity trousers dont have to accomodate that.

But have gone up on top due to my enormous noggins

I am the same size in maternity clothes, but the clothes i buy now have to be maternity or they don't go over the bump properly.

I bought a bigger size than I normally wear maternity jeans and they're too big for me..... :doh:

I'm forever pulling them up and they're a bit too long too so I'm ordereing a pair in my normal size

im still just wearing my normal clothes atm, but last time i used my normal size in maternity clothes, and up a dress size in normal clothes

Pre pregnancy I was a 14 in normal clothes, I've put two stone on and got abit of bumpage now and I'm wearing size 14 maternity clothes.

I can still get into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes apart from "slim fit" items..but I have also bought a few maternity jeans, jogging bottoms and some loose Ts because of the comfort level...

Pre-pregnancy clothing size and maternity clothing size has remained the same..though I do expect to grow soon..as my growth spurt has started thankfully..

I'm in my normal size maternity trousers and normal tops (most of my tops are stretchy) but I'm just starting to put a lil weight on round the bum and hips so hoping the weather gets nicer and I can live in flowing dresses!

kerryp said:
have you got a bump yet chelle? ive put on about a stone as well & havent got a bump yet (youre only a day ahead of me)... ive been buying size 14 from matalan but if you go to peac0cks they have some cheap maternity clothes but they do 10/12 or 14/16... im a 12/14 hehehehehe
ive bought some really comfy jeans from dorothy perkins which are much better now ive found the adjustable elastic inside them :lol:

:rotfl: I have these jeans and didn't even notice the elastic for weeks wondered why they were falling down! :rotfl:

I have been buying all maternity clothes in a 12 which is my normal size I think I have gained abit around my bumb and hips but the maternity clothes ive brought so far seems to be cut alittle bigger in other areas too I have lots of growing room in them at the moment may have to get something bigger when I get really big but don't mind that as can use my smaller stuff when im trying to lose the baby weight afterwards also will be wearing more skirts and cropped trousers in the summer to try and keep cool so will have to buy more then anyway!

I've just started wearing my maternity jeans, very comfortable boyfriend style from Next. They have a belt which is a godsend as they would have fallen down by now as they sit under the bump.

I'm wearing my usual size 10 clothes in mat wear. I did last time all the way through.

Start off in your usual size and then only get bigger sizes if your weight gain dictates you need to.

kerryp said:

I sort of have a bit of a tummy bulge but I don't think I could call it a bump yet :( The weight has gone on my bum and thighs :roll:
I have serious bump envy of other women, he he, I want a bump!!!! :wall:

now that makes me feel loads better... we are only a day different in our due dates & your body is the same as mine :) ive got a flabby waist but nothing i would call a bump either... if one more person at works tells me im "carrying well" because im not showing yet i think ill scream! Dont think my bump envy is helped by working with a woman that is 3 weeks ahead of me but expecting twins... shes been HUGE for ages now. i really want my bump as me & the OH seem to be having a hard time accepting the pregnancy as it wasnt expected & i think bump will make it more real to us.

I've not bothered with maternity clothes. I've bought a few pairs of joggin bottoms with soft draw string waists in the size up from me. My mum's made me a gorgeous skirt with adjustable elastic at the back that will expand with me and i've managed to buy a couple of other gorgeous skirts that are wraps or wide stretchy elastic waists which will see me right through pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back