What should I do?

JSS

Reaction score
Last night I was having tightenings every 5-10 mins although they were not painful at all just uncomfortable. I also could feel movement really low down.. lower than I have every felt before!! :shock:

This morning as I was pottering about making breakfast I felt a bit damp down below (sorry tmi!!) Now it's not urine as I have been to the loo and it's not discharge as it's too thin. It does feel like water... but not a huge amount.

Now what do I do? I am due to see my midwife tomorrow afternoon. Do I wait until then? I have no pains today... and no tightenings yet.

Sorry if I seem clueless...this is my first baby! :? :?

Hi

You should call your midwife, she will probably tell you to go to antenatal dept so they can check if it is your waters, they wont let you go 48 hours with your waters gone incase of infection

:hug: hope your ok, I see your nearly term so it could be the start for you!

shes 39weeks 6days or something like that :)

yea call mw best to be safe than sorry :) goodluck :cheer:

I don't think it would hurt to call the MW to check if you are starting labour or not. Does your hospital have a MAU (Maternity Assessment Unit)? If it does you could ring them too. :)

Good luck! I hope it's the start for you.

Ooooh Good Luck! Hope your LO is on it's way! :hug:

Hi

Good luck hun would be nice for LO to come on your due date!
Katrina

Exce;;ent soumds like things are in the really early stages! call your m/w about the possible membrane rupture though.Yu could nee antibiotics to stop infection.
If she says your ok though just relax and let it all happen and dont bomb off to hospital, its so boring if you get there early just stay at home as long as you can providing you having no problems.

Good luck to you, and get your bags packed oif you havent already!

Hi Girls... :wave:

Thanks for the replies...

I called the hospital and they advised me to put a pad on and keep and eye on it. Nothing more happened that day but the following day (yesterday) I felt a little water again about 5 mins after I had been to the toilet. I had my 40 week midwife appointment yesterday so spoke to her about it and she phoned the hospital where i am due to deliver... they told me to put on another pad and monitor it again.. if it happened again I was to go in... but so far nothing.

The good news is the babies head has finally started to engage. It's 1/5 engaged... but at least it's something. The midwife didn't want to do the sweep incase my waters had went. If there was no developments over night she promised to do it today at the CMU. So I'm just waiting on her call.

She also booked me in for induction next Sunday 3rd June. They have asked me to go in the day before. No idea why? Do you think they will start me on the Saturday?

So all in all I feel a bit better that things are moving in the right direction. At least I know I will be a mummy by next weekend at the latest!.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that it doesn't come to that. I'm hoping the sweep does the trick today! xx

Good luck for today if you have the sweep. I hope it does the trick. :)

I suppose they might want you to go in a little early for monitoring before they induce you. :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back