What reading books does your LO enjoy?

xkikix

Reaction score
I need some ideas for some good books to buy Chester.

I've read to him from birth but our stock is becoming a bit boring! I've read countdown to bedtime everyday for nearly 6 months!

He's got lots of nursery rhyme singing books so I want some with nice storys and bright colours. But some that are longer than a few words per page (We've got lots of "Thats not my Tractor", "Thats not my Bear" books)

Thanks x

i go to the charity shop once a fortnight and exchange 10 books for Hannah that way she doesnt get bored but she has got a couple of favourites that we keep

Connie loves Miffy books because they're bright, short and the text rhymes:

images

Actually mummy loves Miffy too so it's quite convenient.

She's also obsessed with board books because she's learnt her role is to turn the pages, which she can do more easily with those. Unfortunately she turns over before I've finished reading the page and then grins cos she's done it. Hilarious (!)

We also like Elmer and The Tiger who came to Tea (even though it's blatantly sexist and old fashioned)...

Oh and "Woo the Not Very Scary Ghost" because I do actions and get to go WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

images

xx

Every night since Faith was 8 weeks i've read 'While Angels Watch' i loveeeee that book! I know all the words :oops:

long ago when the world was new...
the angels all had work to do
they picked the colours of the dawn
clouds of pink and skies of blue..

(etc ect)

Anything by Julia Donaldson (Gruffalo), Jez Alborough (It's the Bear), Roald Dahl (cos I think he's great) or Michael Rosen (Rabbit Foo Foo makes me laugh out loud).

We are also Miffyholics (or Nijntjeholics as the case may be, we read them in English and Dutch) as Bex knows all too well :rotfl:

OH is a primary school teacher and books for LO were always going to be important to both of us.

We have so so many.

LOVE the Janet and Alan Ahlberg books (The Baby Catalogue, Each Peach Pear Plum, Peepo etc)
Anything by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Schaffer
HUG
Elmer books
Jill Murphy books (Peace at Last etc)
The Large family books
All the 'Little Bear' ones (Can't You Sleep Little Bear etc)
That's not my... (Fairy, Truck etc) - touchy feely books

...and anything good we can find in charity shops, jumble sales and car boots.

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back