in pain (tonsillitis) and worried

MicheLou

Reaction score
I've had a sore throat since the weekend and havn't been taking any pain relief. I was in agony today and had to say 'stuff it, i'm hurting, i'm pregnant with no pain relief and I need help'. My doctors take a very tim light on sore throat complaints normally telling me that you just have to let nature take it's course.

any way I went in today, hardly able to talk without a bit of a slur and holding back the tears. He confirmed I had tonsillitis with my tonsils being swollen. He said he was unable to confirm whether it was bacterial or viral but when I told him I hadn't been eating very much at all and was worried about my baby he suggested I try the penicillan as aposed to waiting to see if it cleared itsef.

So here I am 6 weeks pregnant on penicillan and 8 paracetamols a day. I'm so so worried. i wish I didn't have to take the pain relief and it will be easy for you to read this and think ' well if it was me I wouldn't take the pain relief anyway' but let me tell you the pain i'm in trying to swallow is ridiculous. Hope you don't judge me. The doc and pharmasist both said this was safe for my baby but I can't help feel quilty and worrying.

you poor bugger, it must be very hard t make that decision between the two options. I used to get a lot oF tonsilitus until i had them out last year (age 30), very painful as well.

hope things improve for you soon.

Sandi

I wouldn't worry too much, if the doctor has prescribed penicillin knowing full well you are pregnant then I think it should be fine, and paracetamol is fine to take aswell. I was worried about this, I came down with a UTI over Christmas and I'm on Amoxicillin, then I got a cold and a bad throat and I'm on 8 paracetamol a day aswell and the girls in 3rd Tri assured me it should be fine. I know I'm alot further on than you but I'm sure it's all okay. :hug:

i fell pregnant just a couple of weeks after surgery , i then went on to have 3 infections in the wound while pregnant and the wound took 24 weeks to heal , i had to take 3 lots of anitbiotics and was on pain killers , im also now on co-drydamol (spl?) for bacl and spd pain .

u cant help it hun and being ill will be worse for ur lil one then taken the pain releif :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back