what is good to help when ttc - to help new and confused!

roseanimal

Reaction score
A&J's post made me think! why don't we have a post that says exactly what each thing is good/bad for?
post up what you use and why/what it's good for

charting - bbt helps you see when you ovulated without having to decide if a line is dark enough!
opks - if you can't be bothered temping for your whole time ttc helps you know when to bd
grapefruit juice - gives lots of cm
cm - ewcm = bd time!

what do milk thistle and agnus castus, saliva scope, and reflexology do?

Agnus castus is a herb that helps to regulate the menstrual cycle. It can help with progesterone problems and luteal phase deficiency.

Milk thistle is a liver detox herb. It can help get rid of excess crud in your system (including excess hormones that are floating around for those of us with cycle problems) and keep you healthy. Be warned - in higher quantities it can cause frequent and wet stools ( :oops: )

The saliva scope is an alternative to the opk, and it is multi-use so it is much cheaper. It is a little microscope that contains a round slide which you place a bit of saliva on and wait for it to dry. When it dries, it will have a distinctive ferning pattern if you are fertile. This works great for people who have regular cycles, but for people with fertility issues that involve estrogen dominance, it can be confusing b/c the ferning pattern is an indication of estrogen levels. Also, there are other crystalisation patterns that dried saliva can make, so you have to be careful to look only for a ferning pattern and not one that looks like frost on a window.

Reflexology is a holistic treatment that is based on the theory that your feet are connected to all the major organs in your body, and by 'massaging' certain points on your feet you can help to release toxins in the body and 'kick-start' your system. This sort of treatment is likely to work very well along with a balanced lifestyle (good diet, decent water intake, and exercise). It can be expensive if you go very often - my treatments are 30 quid a go, and I try to go once a month if I can afford it - but it feels aMAzing and it's incredibly relaxing. It's great for stressed people with a lot on their mind.

cool, thanks. I've started taking a.c and milk thistle. hope it works. how long have you been on them?

Well I was taking agnus castus up until I thought I ovulated on CD25, and started taking it again on CD42, and the milk thistle I've been taking since about CD45

Agnus castus - Are there any health risks? - Any down pionts? - Where can i get it? - How expensive is it?

Too many questions?! lol You love me really!

it's 200 for the price of 100 on holland and barratt website - £5.99 or something

Agnus Castus - no health risks or down points that I know of or can find anywhere online. Not sure if you can take them with the pill, not that that's a problem for anyone in THIS forum! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back