What if I DON'T ovulate?

wannabe.pg

Reaction score
I've been using OPK's for the first time this month and not had a positive result at all. I dont have a clockwork cycle but even if I was having one of my longest cycles I should be halfway through about now and thay means I should be ovulating about now but still only getting very faint or non existent lines on my OPK.

I know I MAY have missed seeing the +OPK (and I am getting spotting and wondered if I ov'd early and did BD at the right time) but what if I didnt and I Dont oulate? What happens then? Can I do anything about it myself? Can the doc help? Just wondering.

Heeeeeelp!!! :)

If you have longish cycles you will ovulate over half way through - around 14 days before your next AF is due. for example I have 31 day cycles and do not get positive opk until cd17 or cd18 or sometimes cd19.

what cycle day are you on? As for the spotting it could be implantation if you are past the time you could have ovulated. It is possible to miss the surge on opk as some women only have a surge show for 12 hours so it could happen between one test and the next and they will both show negative. (I'm lucky in that my tests show positive for a least 2 days - this month I had 3 in a row).

hope you work out what is going on soon - good luck

my cycles vary from around 28 days to 42(ish) days, and i'm now on CD 20 so I should have had a +OPK by now, even if I was in one of my longer cycles. Other people have said that I may have missed the +OPK if I only tested once, which I was doing, and the faint lines have now disappeared altogether and I guess there is a slight chance I missed it, I did have more EWCM than usual although not too much but that is usually pretty much non existent too so a little is more than usual and this was around the time ww BD around CD 12 but I thought this would be too early for OV although his little swimmers do last about 5 days dont they?? Hehe, i'm answering my own questions here!!!

Anyway, I just had an awful panic that maybe I'm not ovulating at all and I dont know what can be dont about that........

babe try not to panic, if sometimes your cycle can last up to 42days then theres a chance you may not ovulated until around CD28 (sometimes even slightly after that if your luteal have is shorter than 14days).. xx

aaaaaaaaand breathe!!!! hehehe!! I am a worrier! So, there is a chance that I may still OV? Ok, will take deep breaths and calm down for a couple of weeks now then!! hehe!!

Thanks ladies xxxxx

babe try not to panic, if sometimes your cycle can last up to 42days then theres a chance you may not ovulated until around CD28 (sometimes even slightly after that if your luteal have is shorter than 14days).. xx

that's what I was going to say too - in a 42 day cycle you wouldn't expect to ov until day 28 - if you test twice daily from now until then you should catch it - so yes take a deep breath and relax, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back