• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what i found in my baby book

budge

Reaction score
when i was born my mum and dad thought they had completed their familiy. I was the youngest of 5 and my arrival was a shock.

My mum gave me my baby record book when i found out i was expecting Rachael as she was a total shock to us too. We hadn't planned on having a 4th baby.
Inside the baby record book i found this poem my mum had found and i think id like ot share it with you all as i feel the same as my mum.....

''Its nice to have something soft and warm
once more in the cot upstairs...
its nice to be busy with nappies and
things
and cute little cuddlesome bears!
We know that the cot has been empty
now
For quite a number of years,
But we haven't forgotten how to cope
When a sweet little stranger appears!

We admit it came as quite a shock;
Our familiy seemed complete....
But it seemed we were destined to hear once more
The sound of tiny feet!
And the dear little baby asleep
Upstairs
Born with her daddys eyes,
Will brightten the hours of our autumn
days.......
A blessing in disguise.

:)

it made me all weepy when she gave it me and i have just had a little sob reading it again. I feel a bit weepy today. :cry:

Gosh thats beautiful Budge. Its made me weepy too.

I hope your feeling weepy as in happy weepy Budge :hug:

That is lovely! I have tears too!

jade

That has really brought tears to me eyes. What a wonderful gift from your parents :hug:

This has deffo bought tears to my eyes too budge :hug: I feel exactly the same as i never thought i would have another child after a near 13 year gap. I always wanted a little girl too and now im having one so your poem is truly truly special to me too :hug: :hug: xxxx

That's such a nice thought. Your mum sounds really nice Budge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back