what happens at the 1st ante-natal appointment?

LucyB.

Reaction score
I've got my first antenatal appointment on tuesday when I will be 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I was just wondering what they do at this appointment? Do they actually check the baby is ok or can they not do that until the scan??

Replies would be appreciated :) xxx

I've copied and pasted from my post about my one ;) Hope that helps.xx

She went through a folder full of questions and said that I'd be given it eventually to take to all of my appointments. Questions in the folder were things like whether you take drugs (lol), family history etc.

She asked me whether I thought I wanted a hospital birth, home birth or water birth. I said hospital, but will have a read on water.

She also asked me if I would breast feed and the benefits etc.

She gave me the date of ante-natal classes that I'm booked into, so that's good. First one is 24th October.

Gave me estimated birth date, still 14th Jan. Asked about cycles, whether taking folic acid etc.

She said that they try to get a scan as close to 12 weeks as possible and that I'd get a letter in the post with the date, but may be 2 or 3 weeks before I get it (helpful seeing as its about 3 and a half weeks...)

She gave me a booklet with stuff about scans. Asked if want to have nuchal scan at 12 weeks (said yes) and spinabiffida (?) test at 20.

Ahhh thank you!!! This has been really helpful, getting excited for it now :) will finally seem real! Xxxx

Olive Thank you for the info xx I'm waiting for my scan due date to arrive through the post!!!

I went to the doctor on the 28 November so i hope i hear soon...

Last edited:
I'm exactly 9 weeks tomorrow! What about you baby43 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back