what happend during first midwife visit at home

mumtobe79

Reaction score
Hi all

Got my 1st appt at home on tuesday - wondering what will happen, what will she do? ask? Argghhh will she take my weight? If so how as I dont have scales? Should i buy some?

Thanks

Hi ya, not sure if your midwife will be the same as mine, but mine just asked how much i weighed, she went through family history such as health issues, took blood for testing, asked about any previous pregnancies and a general chat. Was a good time to ask any questions. Hope this helps and makes you feel better. x

she took loads of family history, did my blood pressure and took bloods. asked my weight but didn't weigh me. talked through things they have to like domestic violence etc etc. just an informal chat really. you'll be fine x

I have read its unusual for MW's to weigh people these days, they prefer to measure the uterus later on and weight can differ so much. I was never weighed......I have kept a slight check on my own weight though, maybe look once a month - and so far put on 2 stone which is pretty normal!

They will test your urine at every appointment later on they can detect diabetes etc that way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back