What going on? Painful sucking?

Bloom

Reaction score
I thought i was through the pain barrier on breast feeding many months ago but its started to really hurt again.

When DD latchs on its like shes sucking so hard its making my nips sore again. Im pretty sure its not the latch as its both sides and ive tried taking her off and on again, she has no teeth so it can't be that. Its not just the nipple itself its the areola too. Is it just because shes bigger and better at feeding that she sucks so hard to get more milk :think:

Any ideas anyone?

I was gonna post something similar as i'm going through this but just on the one side. I really want to avoid feeding her off that boob but i know i can't. The pain doesn't even calm as she gets going.
Must be as they're getting stronger.

I had the same thing around 5 months... then after a week or so it got better, then it got worse again... then she started biting... then it got better then in the past week her suck has gotten twice as strong... I think its a growth thing. :)

I had exactly the same at 5 months and was amazed that I had to go back to using Lansinoh. Although, slapping that on made a hell of a difference and I only had pain for a few days.

Squiglet said:
I had the same thing around 5 months... then after a week or so it got better, then it got worse again... then she started biting... then it got better then in the past week her suck has gotten twice as strong... I think its a growth thing. :)

Squiglet how did you cope with biting, Maia has just started doing this. It doesnt hurt cause she has no teeth but one day they will be here and then it will hurt no doubt.

Sorry to gatecrash your thread Bloom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back