What DVDs Does Your Little One Enjoy?

kazlin

Reaction score
I have just bought Dan his very first DVD. Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to stick him in front of the TV too often, but it would be nice for him to have a bit of back ground noise other than This Morning from time to time, especially when I am busy with the housework!

I used to look after two little boys years ago when Tots TV was all the rage and was quite impressed with it, they used to thoroughly enjoy it too! :wink: I have just bought a DVD of the series. I know it's quite old, but hey, so are half the repeats on TV.

I also watched Lazy Town the other day, I thought that was pretty good, but think it's a little too grown up for him.

Opinions on In the Night Garden please :)

Which DVDs does your little one enjoy?

Roary the Racing Car! Every time!! He actually shakes like he is having a fit when the theme tune starts, it's soooooooooooo cute!!!!

J likes rory, lazy town, thomas, big cook little cook and dora mostly i think....

Bear in the big blue house :D oh... and Baby TV :D

Charlie is absolutley addicted to Pingu, has been from an early age and I didnt even realise until he started talking and now he demands it whenever he comes home from the Childminder!
The hardrive on our Freeview is crammed with Pingu series as well as Something Special, he loves Mr Tumble and we had times when he has been ill or grumpy where he has sat on our knee in front of the PC watching Mr Tumble on the CBeebies website.
Its a real godsend when you just need to sort the washing, cook the tea or wash the dishes!!!

dora the explorer
go diego go
winnie the pooh
bear in the big blue house
pocoyo

for younger kids I'd say pocoyo is a good one - Lydia loved it from a young age

Pocoyo, Isaac loves Elly :lol:
And the Thomas theme tune, otherwise he loves adverts :D

I can recommend:

Peppa Pig
In the Night Garden (Lucy was obsessed for ages about a year ago)
Dora the Explorer/Go Diego Go - might be a bit old?
Tweenies
Fifi and the Flowertots

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Bear in the Big Blue House
My friends Tigger & Pooh
Doodlebops
Cinderella

midna said:
the only thing seed will watch for longer than 2 mins is nightmare before xmas !! ...she got class i love it lol :D
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: thats one of Tia's favourites too.... oh and corpse bride...

Lil miss doesn't get much of a choice in TV selection she gets to watch pokemon, yingyangyo, Naruto, Pukka... :rotfl: but when no ones around... mummy puts teletubbies on.. stolen from big sis' collection... :shhh:

My LO loves, in this order:
1) Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
2) Handy Manny
3) Dora The Explorer

I so want to take her to the Playhouse Disney Live tour, but I think she's a tad to young for that right now!!! (Maybe it's really me who wants to go! :lol: )

Omg tots TV! I used to love that! Where did you get the box set, kazlin?

Aww he'll enjoy seeing all the pretty colours!
Harrison has only just started watching bits of TV he doesn't like sit still lol but he likes In The Night Garden & Balamory & Me too cause of all the singing lol :lol:
In The Night Garden is good but I think its more for older babies, Toddlers+

Hayden has..
in the night garden
bananas in pyjamas
garfield 1 & 2
cats and dogs
shrek

but he loves most of cbeebies programmes esp clifford and lazytown!

The land before time

Brody is absolutlry MAD on dinosaurs and would happily watch this all day, there's about 10 movies and a TV series and I have quite a few here.

He also likes nemo and toy story etc.

Grace will watch nothing but the numbers jacks and in the night garden...

anything else and she turns the tv off :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lola loves razzle dazzle its the only time she'll pay attention to the TV :D

i rarely watch dvds- im a bit bad really, last week when i went to my older sister's, then to one girl friend's, then to another girl friend's, they ALL had cBeebies or Citv or whatever on for them- and coz i cant be doing with kids' tv (drives me nuts!) poor waa-waa is subjected to jeremy kyle, this morning, hollyoaks, judge judy, and other pearls from my VERY poor taste in tv (hey, im proud to love trash!)
:oops:
i should put something on she'd prefer shouldnt i

altho OMG some of it is really scary! i saw iggle piggle for the first time on thursday- 'tis the stuff of nitemares! *shudders*

Lola's Mummy said:
Lola loves razzle dazzle its the only time she'll pay attention to the TV :D

i would very much like to hurt that woman off razzle dazzle...as her voice goes right through my head!! and they keep repeating an episode where she spends 90% of it saying "DING DONG, DING DONG" over and over and then when it ends Hayden walks round saying it.... :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back