What do you think??

mrs_c

Reaction score
My little princess is due in 3 weeks and my husband and I have finally got a name that we both like but I'm just wondering what everyone on here thinks....

The name is Seren-Mae (pronounced Seh-ren May).

Seren is Welsh for Star, we conceived within a week of moving back to Wales after spending 3 years in England. Mae means star of the sea and is also the name of my husbands nan only spelt differently.

What you think?

xxx

I think it is very different and sounds lovely, nice that you can make it actually mean something to you.

Seren is a very strong contender for my little girl's name so it definitely gets the thumbs up from me! It sounds lovely paired with Mae too xxx

Lovely.

If you're wanting the Welsh though, Mae is not pronounced 'May', but 'My'. (I know that English speaking people use Mae to be May. Just pointing it out incase you wanted it Welsh.)

Lovely.

If you're wanting the Welsh though, Mae is not pronounced 'May', but 'My'. (I know that English speaking people use Mae to be May. Just pointing it out incase you wanted it Welsh.)

Mae was not intended to be the welsh part really. Mae used in the Hebrew or French form is still pronounced May, I just wasnt fussed on how May or Mai looked after Seren but we wanted to still use his Nans name to double barrell with the babys name xx

Ah, I see.
I actually quite like Mai pronounced as May (prefer it to the Welsh pronounciation).
Seren-Mae is really lovely x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back