What Do You Think ?

mishm

Reaction score
Was just wondering when you think it's safe to tell everyone that your pregnant ?

I will be 12 weeks tomorrow had my scan on wed and everything was fine but had bit of bleeding early on and a miscarriage back in november and im still worrying a bit.Just wanted peoples opnions on when you think its ok to tell everyone ?

I started to tell people when I was 8 weeks, but I would say don't tell until YOU feel ready for everyone to know :hug: :hug:

Hi,

Congratulations on your pregnancy and getting to 12 weeks! I told everyone, including my older two children, very early on (when I was only about 5 weeks). I was going to keep it a secret till 12 weeks, but I decided that if I lost the baby, I wanted it to have "mattered" and for other people - my family- to know why I was upset. My children are 8 and 10, so I also explained to them that sometimes pregnancies son't always work out and, if it didn't, that I'd be sad, but that I hoped their new little brother or sister would be born in November. Unfortunately though, the kids told everyone at school straight away! Ever since, on the school run, the other mums have congratulated me and keep asking how I am. The nice thing is that a few of them also revealed that they are pregnant too. And I'm sure we would all be sympathetic if one of us had a m/c because we're all parents ourselves already.

I'd say tell people when you're ready. Now that you've kept this big secret for 3 months, it might seem a bit harder to tell people. When I told people, I added, "it's still early days, so I just hope everything works out okay". I was acknowledging my fears and everyone understands that. It also means you don't feel like you're "tempting fate" as much :D

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Wendy
xxx

i told everyone at 9 weeks after i had an early scan because of bleeding and was told everything was ok.

Congrats on your pregnancy and fpr reaching the 12 week mark .

Its upto how you feel i guess

I told everyone as soon as i found out i was pregnangt which was at 5 weeks .

I suppose you will know the right time to tell everyone tbh theres no wrong or right time to tell anyone .

GOOD LUCK IN SHARING YOUR NEWS :hug:

i told close family at 7weeks, after my dating scan, as id want them to know if anything went wrong. then everyone else at 13weeks + :)

wend said:
Congrats on your pregnancy and fpr reaching the 12 week mark .

Its upto how you feel i guess

I told everyone as soon as i found out i was pregnangt which was at 5 weeks .

I suppose you will know the right time to tell everyone tbh theres no wrong or right time to tell anyone .

GOOD LUCK IN SHARING YOUR NEWS :hug:

Hi, that was pretty much what I did too. I'm now at 10 weeks and everything has been ok so far but still conscious that it's early days. I just don't feel like it's a bg secret, although I can understand why poeple don't tell.

i told people when i was 12 weeks... but there is no rush especially if you've had a bad experience.. take you time no rush at all :wink:

congrats by the was tooo :hug: :hug:

I tols people straight away as I was so excited...sounds like your pregnacy is going well can understand why you are nervous about telling people.maybe start with those closest to you

:hug:

Well we told the family at the weeked so its out there now although still nervous for some reason.I cant wait to start browsing at baby stuff but i just feel like its still too early am i being silly ?? Think its because as soon as i got my bfp last time i was in the shops looking lol.

Hi

I told everyone right away with both pregnancies.
By the way i love your pic of your two children :)
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back