What do you think you'll be capable of?

Cantstop

Reaction score
I'm a bit worried I've bitten off more than I can chew around the time of the birth.

Let me explain the two main things that are also going on:
1) We're getting our dog mated on Saturday, so she should be due to give birth herself a week and a half after me
Advantages to doing this now rather than her next season are:
- hubby will be off work to help out with her and my Dad and brother will also be free to support
- this will take her focus off the new baby as she'll be busy with her own
- it will calm her down a bit afterwards
- hopefully will give us more money for maternity leave period
- puppies will be around in Summer when they'll be able to go in the garden
- puppies will be gone before the baby is out of the tiny baby that just lies in things stage
- I'll be up irregular hours anyway

2) I mark GCSE exam papers for an exam board for extra pennies, and am due to do a canny sized batch starting around 2 weeks after my due date, lasting 2 weeks
Advantages:
- money
- I normally do this when working full time so I'm hoping I'll have plenty of time when newborn is sleeping

So on one hand I'm thinking needs must, it'll be fine cos it has to be, I'll just get on, but then also a little bit thinking what the fuck am I thinking, I'm going to be run ragged and won't be able to cope.

Does this sound mad or manageable?

All depends on how you're feelin hun.

I would say, leave the dog to the men. Get involved only if necessary cos if thats one less thing you have to do, the better.

In my experience, the worst time with the new baby was the first night at home. Nothing prepared us for that with the lack of sleep. We were KNACKERED!!! after about 5-6 days I felt a bit more human. You'll be surprised how much free time you actually have. After two weeks when the papers come you should be able to bang quite a few of those out when babba sleeps as it will be A LOT!!!

Most important thing is tho, if u find ur not coping, just say so. No pressure on you that way xxx

Yeah I can always send the papers back if it's too much. If the boys sort out the dogs birth, the puppies will be pretty much left to it with the dog for a couple of weeks by which time I'll be fine to sort them out I reckon. It'll be the only time she can have puppies where I won't want (need!) to keep one!

Yeah I agree with Lex....leave the dogs to the men and you just concentrate on baby and marking your exams......as long as the men do their bit then I reckon you should be ok...although you never know until the time I guess xx

Agree with lex and Amanda. It would be nice to see into the future though! Haha.
I helped my friend with her baby and the first night was awful, he just wouldn't sleep unless one of us was holding him and he screamed most of the night. We had no idea what to do! I even fell asleep with him in my arms on the sofa, a bit scary because I could have dropped him!!!! The next night she discovered all he wanted was to be saddled!!!

Agree with lex and Amanda. It would be nice to see into the future though! Haha.
I helped my friend with her baby and the first night was awful, he just wouldn't sleep unless one of us was holding him and he screamed most of the night. We had no idea what to do! I even fell asleep with him in my arms on the sofa, a bit scary because I could have dropped him!!!! The next night she discovered all he wanted was to be saddled!!!

Saddled??? Lol, like a horse??? Is that a weird Scottish custom?? Or did you mean swaddled?? Ha ha xx

Saddled??? Lol, like a horse??? Is that a weird Scottish custom?? Or did you mean swaddled?? Ha ha xx

Hehe yes damn autocorrect! I meant swaddled!!!! ;)

Sorry to jump in, but are you talking about papers arriving 2 weeks after your due date or are you having a planned section? If you go over they may let you go up to two weeks after your due date before induction then you're right into marking. Sorry, just playing devils advocate!

Sorry to jump in, but are you talking about papers arriving 2 weeks after your due date or are you having a planned section? If you go over they may let you go up to two weeks after your due date before induction then you're right into marking. Sorry, just playing devils advocate!

Oooh good point I didn't even think about that!

if all gose to plan an baba come on due date then yerrrrrrrrrr you will be fine, dog will look after them selfs in gen with help from oh, just get a big play pen an stick em in there in shadded part of garden

and the papers you will get threw as a new born will sleep for first two week most of day, plus ur not on your own, only thing would be for me is if with lake of sleep could i concentrate on markin paper correctly feeling knackerd but if you think u will be fine crack on, every lil penny helps

Its hard to know what we will be able to do but as long as you have back up plans i think you be fine, if you cant do the marking then you have the option to send them back, and again as others say leave the boys to deal with the dogs. With my last pregnacy i took on a bit much my son had the leading part in pantomime so i had alot of running around to do for rehearsals then when he was doing the actua show i had already given birth i had my baby 10 days early so just drove around with baby in the car with me. husband helped out when he could so did my dad, again this time my eldest has got alot of dance competitions and I have asked my siste nd mum and dad to help out because they are further away thathe panto was, but i would hate my son to miss out on anything just cause i am having another baby. Just see what you can do at the time is my advice and have back up plans incase.

Hey im a mikes wife ellie and work as a vet nurse, so if u ever need any advice on the pup side of things I would be more then happy to help :). I would suggest the same as everyone else and let the men sort the dogs out, but just be cautious with mum if you've not breed from her before. She may be very protective of her own pups and may become nervous with a new baby making alot of noise and taking your attention away from her.

Just make time for her and pups when bubba is asleep and just ensure you always wash your hands between handling either one.

Don't mean to sound like i'm patronising, i'm sure when it comes down to the 'nitty gritty', women are better at juggling more then one task at a time. You will always find time for the marking so just pace yourself at what ever pace you feel comftable with.

Good luck and let us know how it all pans out :) xx

I may well go overdue, so it could work out with the papers coming as baby is being born!

The dog seems to have thwarted the plans anyway, it's Day 12 of her season today and instead of being ready to mate, it looks like we've missed it which we definitely haven't, so unless she, erm, blooms in the next few days it doesn't look like the puppies will be happening after all.

Thanks Ellie for potential pup advice, and eveyone else, sure it'll all be fine :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back