• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do you think about Shannon going missing?

Lou

Reaction score
:think: I can't help thinking there more to it than meets the eye :think: I know it must be terrible for her parents, especially when that other poor little girl in Spain who was missing has been found dead, but I don't know what it is but something about it seem's weird. Do you think one of her relatives has taken her? :think: Or do you think she's run away and had an accident? I saw her little friend on GMTV saying something about a foxhole so she might have got stuck somewhere :think:

it is a bit strange innit, they said that since she dissapeared 11 peodophiles have gone to ground, apparently within the 25 mile radius around where she lives there are 1100 sex offenders in that area surely that cant be right can it? it sounds an awful lot, as for the little girl in Spain...did you mean Maddy Mcann????

xrachx said:
it is a bit strange innit, they said that since she dissapeared 11 peodophiles have gone to ground, apparently within the 25 mile radius around where she lives there are 1100 sex offenders in that area surely that cant be right can it? it sounds an awful lot, as for the little girl in Spain...did you mean Maddy Mcann????

No another little 5 year old went missing while she left her house to buy crisps and she was found dead with a fractured skull in a river. I read it in the paper yesterday :( and yeah, I thought that was a disturbingly huge amount of peadophiles in that radius :shock:

I think someone in the family has taken her. It was metioned that she had been saying she wanted to run away so she obviously wasn't happy at home, the paper also mentions that shes been spending alot more time with her Dad and suggests maybe that she was on her way there and got kidnapped.

Princess_Puddles said:
I think someone in the family has taken her. It was mentioned that she had been saying she wanted to run away so she obviously wasn't happy at home, the paper also mentions that shes been spending alot more time with her Dad and suggests maybe that she was on her way there and got kidnapped.

Yeah I thought that too. I've read a lot of crime books, Sarah Payne's for example, and a lot of paedophiles are opportunists but isn't it absolutely shocking that they are around in our everyday life just looking for an opportunity to pounce on children. I mean if she had made her way to her fathers, if thats what she has done, with her mother or another adult they still would have crossed paths with that paedophile who has taken her, if that is what has happened to her.

i think the police have a suspicion with the stepdad, but it always amazes me how calm the parents are 24/36.48 hours after the event, i am sure someone would be having to knock me out to stop me looking for her whether it helped or not :think:

mary70 said:
i think the police have a suspicion with the stepdad, but it always amazes me how calm the parents are 24/36.48 hours after the event, i am sure someone would be having to knock me out to stop me looking for her whether it helped or not :think:

I know what you mean, I always think that. I know you can't predict how you would react but if it was my Isaac I think I wouldn't be able to breathe with worry and like you say I would be hunting high and low. Sarah Payne's book was really interesting because her mum explained the hours and days after she went missing and you could really relate to it. It was absolutely heart wrenching, I have so much respect for that poor woman and what she has gone through. Shannon's mum seems very relaxed to me. I don't want to slag the woman off, that wouldn't be right, but I get the impression she knows Shannon is with a family member somewhere and not in the hands of a paedophile :think: Lets hope she's right if that's the case.

has her father actually been shown on tv or given a statement for the press?

Sarah&LJ said:
has her father actually been shown on tv or given a statement for the press?

He was in the papers saying 'where is she, where is she'? I didn't read the whole story though.

Doesn't her step dad look young? :shock: I thought it was an older brother or something when I first saw him on tele with her mum :shock:

lou said:
yeah, I thought that was a disturbingly huge amount of peadophiles in that radius :shock:

1100 sex offenders are not necessarily paedophiles, it encompasses anyone who's been convicted af anything from sexual assault to rape of adults too, so it's a plausible figure.

I think fingers have automatically been pointed at the stepdad, not least because he's 22 and looks like a teenager himself.

If he's had nothing to do with it it must be doubly awful for him being under suspicion.

Minxy said:
lou said:
yeah, I thought that was a disturbingly huge amount of peadophiles in that radius :shock:

1100 sex offenders are not necessarily paedophiles, it encompasses anyone who's been convicted af anything from sexual assault to rape of adults too, so it's a plausible figure.

I think fingers have automatically been pointed at the stepdad, not least because he's 22 and looks like a teenager himself.

If he's had nothing to do with it it must be doubly awful for him being under suspicion.

Yeah it would just add insult to injury but I suppose he understands that all family members are suspects when kids go missing. I mean even if you take a kid to A&E with an injury social services contact you after sometimes.

I was actually a bit shocked by how calm her Mum seemed when she was giving a statement... if it were me I'd be in tears 24/7.

I don't know how things will turn out but I do know that hearing about kids going missing all the time terrifies me, I won't let Josh play out with his friends now unless he stays right near the house, and even then I'm checking on him constantly.

I agree, something just isnt right about it. :( I was reading news of the world earlier (THE most reliable newspaper of course!) and Carole Malone summed up my thoughts totally as she was saying that the poor girl is a victim of class as why has there not been a fraction of the coverage poor Madeline had when she disappeared?

If im being honest i think its is someone who knows her, i just pray she turns up okay but its looking doubtful :(

I think though that with Maddie McCann there is no doubt that someone has taken her but with Shannon there is that possibility that she has run away from home because she was having problems and wrote on her wall that she wanted to live with her dad and although that shouldn't make the case any less serious it just makes it feel different compared to Maddie's case. I don't think class comes into it, well it shouldn't anyway :think: Children can't help what families they are born into :(

Hmmn i see what your saying but lets just say it was a family similar to shannons who lost a little one the same way the mccanns did. (leaving them for a meal etc) Do you think they would have recieved as much support as the Mccanns do. Im afraid i think they would have had much more backlash. Perhaps im wrong tho. :)

I don't know to tell you the truth, I'd like to say no but people can be judgmental I suppose. Regardless of class though there's no excuse for leaving kids alone, but yeah I suppose the fact that Madeline's parents are a professional couple did make it more shocking in a way, so yeah I'm ashamed to say that you are right :oops:

katie05 - totally agree with that.

I said from the moment I saw the stepdad on the TV that he gave me the creeps but isn't that the way we live now, 24hour news channels make stories like this into some sort of movie, everyone trying to guess who has done it so at the end they can say 'i knew it!!'

Fact is we no bugger all apart from a little girl is out there somewhere either dead or very very scared. I just hope they find her and if someone has been involved family or not I hope they are punished. I don't think it's fair to speculate really.

I'd hate to think in a few years time Jack went missing and all people could do is point fingers rather than do something constructive to help find him. :?

I saw an interview with her birth dad and gran on the news shortly after she vanished, to me he was very calm, as was she (the gran), they were saying that she hd said she wanted to run baway to live with him :think:

I don't think anyone is pointing fingers as such, its just that if there is any doubt in peoples minds about a situation or a person then it has to be investigated and people talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back