• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do you think about Shannon going missing?

Could be right Katie but I also feel the McCanns made so much more noise about it and made sure everyone knew. Dont see the same with these parents really.

Oh dear, doesn't bear thinking about :cry: I couldn't imagine it. x

I don't think the way people are portrayed when they are making an appeal or interviewed for TV has any reflection on how they are coping in general. They are surrounded by people helping them to get it together for their 2 mins on TV, they are numb, they are totally without experirence and coping mechanisms. It's incredibly unfair to cast usumptions based on how a person acts at their most tragic time.

Becs said:
I don't think the way people are portrayed when they are making an appeal or interviewed for TV has any reflection on how they are coping in general. They are surrounded by people helping them to get it together for their 2 mins on TV, they are numb, they are totally without experirence and coping mechanisms. It's incredibly unfair to cast usumptions based on how a person acts at their most tragic time.

I heard that for appeals, families are told not to cry in the event their child is in the hands of a kidnapper then they would more than likely get off on the fact the parents are distraught

I just hope they find the poor girl soon :(

OMG... my DH only saw the news for a brief moment at my parents place... so we haven't been following the story as such, but he immediatly said that he was surprised that the family wasn't involved somehow by the way they were acting.. :think: I just thought it was him being mean again..

Poor child, I hope the angels are watching over her, where ever she is :pray:

I dont have any thoughts on the family, people deal with things differently, the mother could be in deep shock which is why to some people she would seem indifferent.

I never ever let my daughter play out she is 6, and I only let her in the garden alone if our dog goes out with her, wehave an english bull terrier, and even then I sit on a chair at the back door and watch, I am so paranoid about these things.

There is a family in our street who let there kids play out all hours, I mean a little girl of no more than 3, and the others are upwards from that, I have been woken up at 1am by them before.

I really hope they find Shannon soon :pray: :pray:

This Is Happening Practically Right Next Door To Me... DEFFINATELY Dodgy :wink:

wow it happened fast- usually its about 2 months before the parents get the finger pointed at them.
i guess its just the cynical society we live in due to all the stuff that does go on-

i don't really think theres any evidence to suggest that the step-dad is involved or that the police suspect him of being involved.

i might be wrong, and maybe he is involved but we are mainly parents on this forum and how would we feel if that was our little girl and barely 2 weeks after her going missing peoples sympathy turned into "well its been 2 weeks and no sign of a body- must be the parents"??
as far as i know the only thing thats been said is that the step dad may have hit Shannon as a punishment- so does that mean he picked her up from school and killed her?

Scary how we are surrounded now by CCTV, neighbourhood watch schemes, a sex offenders register and supposedly more police on our streets, (and its worth mentioning Maddie's case still fresh in peoples minds) and yet a little girl can walk home from school and disappear without a trace :shock:

I think thats maybe what makes people so suspicious :think:

The fact that Maddies abductor has not been caught despite the high profile case means that people planning these types of abduction have seen how easy it is to evade the authorities. It doesn't at all put more suspicion on the family.

I agree there is always the unfortunate consideration that they may have been involved somehow, but I would rather not begin to think of any parent in that way without some evidence!

But thats just the way these cases are handled. The family and those closest to the victims are always first to be scrutinized. and not just with children, look at that police woman who was murdered outside her home, first impression was that she disturbed a thief but it turned out to be her husbands doing. And similar with Jessica and Holly, who would have thought a school care taker would be a child killer? Its more often that not someone the victims know rather than a completely random stranger.

i've not had chance to follow it. Its just so sad.

At least in this case the police got on the case quickly and did seem to be doing a lot more than in poor madeline's case.

We should have that scheme that they have in America. Can't think what it is called but when a child goes missing within minutes and the first hours it is broadcast on motorway signs so people are on the look out. At least I think they do that in america don't they :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back